My phone was dropped in a small amount of water - it looked like the circuits went out as lights flashed and then it was dead. I removed battery, etc. and am drying it out hoping for it to work within a few days. Is there hope? And if not, is there any place I can get a second hand version? Thanks!
Your doing the right thing by removing your battery. From my experience Sony Ericsson units don't do well when liquid damaged. If the unit was recently damaged (24 hours) try to get it very hot... like hot sun or place it in the plate warmer of an oven.
If this doesn't work try ebay for an unlocked unit.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
water will have an affect on it if it has not been dried out properly the screen controller chip that is on the logic board will get damaged, =, they are not waterproof, you will need another logic board to repair this fault., can also damage the battery and the screen being in water for any amount of time.
you will have to get a new phone. the sea water inside your phone will corrode and damage everything. you can try placing the phone in a baggie with uncooked white rice and seal it for about a week, then replace the battery with a new one and see if it works. thats your only option besides getting a new phone.
Sounds like the LCD is missing a signal getting to it. One of the signal lines is either damaged, possibly still has a small amount of liquid on it and is getting a bunch of resistance it shouldn't be.
Open the phone up, and let it sit and dry fully for a few days.
You could always try dropping it back into the rye & coke, it seemed to prefer that to water =0)
Once you drop a phone in water if the battery is plugged in it will short circuit all the links that the water touches. It is quite possible that it is only the screen not working. But my guess is that the phone is a goner. You may want to search ebay or craigslist for a replacement as your model of phone will have a water damage indicator installed.
Either your battery is completly dead - and thats easy to replace for under $40 - otherwise it may be your flex cable - but the k1 is built stronger than the razr ever was - did you drop water on it? check if the white sticker under the battery is still white and not pink
I had exactly the same problem. After unsucessfully looking for a solution on the net I removed the simm chip and set it aside. The next day, I put it on PC usb charge and left it overnight. The next day, I powered it up and it worked. I turned it off and replaced the simm and it is now working fine. Go figure...