Question about Gateway Essential 500 PC Desktop
1. Place the computer's power switch in the "off " position and disconnect the AC power cord. 2. Remove the computer's top cover following the instructions in the model-specific owner's manual.
3. Before touching any electronic components, make sure you first touch an unpainted, grounded metal object to discharge any static electricity stored on your clothing or body.
4. Locate the memory expansion sockets on the computer's motherboard. If all the sockets are full, remove smaller capacity modules to allow room for higher capacity modules.
5. Handle your new module's carefully; do not flex or bend the module(s). Always grasp the module by its edges.
6. For some installations, DIMM memory can be installed in any available expansion slot. Other installations may require the memory to be installed in a particular sequence based on the modules capacity. Check your owner's manual to determine the correct installation sequence for your configuration.
7. Once the modules have been installed, the computer's top cover can be reinstalled.
8. Plug in the AC power cord and reinstall any cables disconnected during the installation process.
9. Turn on the computer and follow the instructions in your computer owner's manual that describe the steps necessary to allow your computer to recognize the newly installed memory.
Posted on Jun 22, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
PC 133 Max ram for your model is 512MB - two 256 Memory sticks. Open the case, remove the menory in there (one clips on the side of each module) take note of the way the module comes out - replace with your new ones - reboot and that should be that.
Posted on May 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 03, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 20, 2010 | Gateway Essential 400 PC Desktop
May 10, 2010 | Gateway Essential 500 PC Desktop
May 04, 2010 | Gateway Computers & Internet
Jun 19, 2009 | Gateway 300 C PC Desktop
May 26, 2009 | Gateway 500 CS PC Desktop
Apr 20, 2009 | QDI Group QDI Advance 10T Motherboard
Apr 09, 2009 | Gateway Computers & Internet
Apr 21, 2008 | Computers & Internet
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!