Hi, i got home a little bit ago to find that my microwave wasn't working. checked the breakers on house and were fine. electrical outlet also works fine. my girlfriend had used the microwave to cook something while i was gone, then apparently after she was done cooking the food, is when it shut off. it seems to be extra warm-hot around the top of the microwave(near the automatic opening vent. wonder if it overheated? is there a fuse i can replace? thanks for your help.
The same thing just happened to us..... there is no fuse on the microwave but we check our fuse box and tried another plug and it still did not work. GE sent us a new smartboard and now I trying to figure out how to get the thing apart.
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I'd check the electrical requirements and maybe test it out on a 20A circuit with nothing else connected. it may be an electrical issue at the house where not enough power is getting through.
I've also seen issues where the wires are loose in the breaker box that cause issues.
if you can take the microwave to a friend's house for testing that'll tell you if it's the microwave or your electric that's the issue. If it works fine there then you have to track down your power issue. If it has the same issues there, take it back or replace it.
My answer is get rid of it. Microwave ovens are hazardous to your health! Any food microwaved is not food anymore except for cancer cells and giving you diabetes. This is one of the main reasons these problems are on the rise in the US. US has never tested MW ovens except for 'leakage'. Not worth fixing or having one. Save yourself! Do some research. Microwaves riddle the cells rupturing them rendering them unfit.
I ended up replacing it with a whirlpool one. It is not a good microwave and I have decided that until GE gets their act together and stop cheating people with planned obsolesce, I will not buy their products.
Inside unit is a cylinder fuse which can blow for a number of reasons. External cover needs to be removed to access. If you are confident in doing this and can find & check the fuse then it would be my first guess. If fuse is OK then you will need to have repaired. If fuse isblown & you replace then it blows again,you will need to have repaired.