Question about Maytag Gemini® MER6765BA Electric Kitchen Range
The glass top to my Gemini stove has seen better days. At this point, the wear and tear cannot simply be cleaned away, and I'd like to replace just the glass top.
Where can I buy the replacement glass cook top? I know I can replace it using the user's manual, but I can't seem to find the part!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Use Baking Soda and water and form a paste. Use this to clean the top of your stove. If food is really baked on, you might also consider using a single blade razor to scrape the mess off. Rinse well.
Posted on Sep 21, 2008
Use DeBruce Polish- a true multi-surface cleaner. There is a transfer of particulates from pan to glass surface aided by the heat. The cleaner will remove this "staining". Also use on stainless steel rubbing with the grain- this is the one product that truely cleans the surface. Follow up with baby oil or a stainless steel "polish that is oil based to "seal"the surface.
Posted on Mar 07, 2009
We had an ugly spill of hot grease/water from a roast, and lots of it ran right into the vent holes on our oven door, covering various layers of glass and other parts inside the door. Yuck. Thankfully we found this site!
"fixetheoven" was certainly on the right track, but missed a key step that makes this job much, much easier. (Maybe they had a few too many sips of wine during the process?! :-)
Anyway, the key to make the job easy, and do-able by one person, is to pull the door off the hinges before starting to remove any screws! Here's how we did it:
1. Open the door about four inches or so, it will stay in place. Hold the door at the sides and lift it up, sliding it right off of the hinges! Now lay it carefully face up on a table so you have easy access to the screws, and no danger of the glass dropping out of the bottom of the door (as apparently happened to "fixedtheoven".)
2. Remove the two screws that hold the panel on one side of the door. (One screw is halfway up the side panel, the other is on the bottom edge of the door.)
3. Slide the panel off, paying close attention to how it fits into place so you can return it to its original position later!
4. Remove the two screws that hold the panel on the other side of the door, and slide that panel out as well.
5. Remove the three screws that hold the panel across the bottom edge of the door, and remove that panel.
6. Now you can slide the front glass out from under the top edge of the door.
7. Clean the front glass, the side panels, and the bottom panel, as needed.
8. There will be another layer of glass inside the door. If it needs cleaning on the underside, remove the screws from one of the metal brackets that hold the glass in place. You can then slide this piece of glass out from the metal bracket at the other side.
9. After cleaning everything, reassemble the door by reversing the above steps.
10. Lift the door by the sides and carefully slide it back into place on the hinges. Be sure it is properly in place and being held there before you let go!!
11. Now go pour that glass of wine and sip to your heart's content, while admiring how clean your oven door is!
Posted on Jul 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 30, 2012 | Maytag MGR6772BDS Gemini Gas Kitchen Range
Oct 17, 2011 | Maytag MER6769 Gemini Electric Kitchen...
Apr 18, 2011 | Maytag MER6772 Gemini Electric Kitchen...
Nov 21, 2009 | Maytag Gemini 30" Self-Cleaning...
Nov 08, 2009 | Maytag MER6772 Gemini Electric Kitchen...
Jul 31, 2009 | Maytag MER6772 Gemini Electric Kitchen...
Jun 23, 2009 | Cooktops
Feb 01, 2009 | Cooktops
Jun 29, 2008 | Maytag MGR6772 Gemini Gas Kitchen Range
Jul 27, 2017 | Maytag Gemini® MER6765BA Electric Kitchen...
1,002 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: