I have a microwave oven Model # mco 160ub after cooking on high for about 4 min. it shuts off completly, just like i pulled the plug. after about 2 min. it comes back on. can you help me out. its only a year old
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
sounds like the cooling fan has came adrift or stopped working , this will cause the magnatron ( the microwave generator ) to overheat tripping the over temperature stat ,so fix the cooling , but be sooooooooooooo carefull in there , microwaves + really high voltages , not really a job for a non electrician/microwave tech
Is not normal for a microwave to shutdown after 4 minutes of operation.
From the info you are providing, It looks like the magnetron might be overheating causing the thermal fuse to shut it down until it cools down. There may also be a loose connection in one of the switches or a cold solder joint in the low voltage power supply.
I would suggest to check and make sure that the fans are functional, If always did; it could be that there isn't much air circulation where the appliance was installed.
We had the same problem with our brand new Magic Chef. Before going through the trouble of taking it back I called Home Depot. After talking to a Home Depot Rep I am told that the overheat sensor is under the glass plate directly beneath the popcorn bag. Popcorn gets very hot and the heat of the popcorn causes the sensor to shut the machine down. I would imagine this would be the same for a baked potato.
Very poor design.
I was told to put a microwave safe plate down and put the popcorn bag on it. This should help to reduce the heat and not trip the sensor.
A safety sensor is great, but not if it keeps tripping the machine and shutting down!