Question about Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook
No power even if the power adapter is plugged. I have checked and tested the power adapter and its working. the power indicator of the laptop does not light to indicate power.
Please follow these steps VERY CAREFULLY:
1) Unplug the notebook from the ac adapter (charger power cord)
2) Take off the battery pack on the notebook
3) Once the ac adapter and battery is off the notebook, hold down the power button for 15 seconds
4) After 15 seconds, let go of the power button
5) Now plug in the AC ADAPTER (OR CHARGER POWER CORD) ONLY (DO NOT PUT BACK THE BATTERY PACK)
6) Now press the power button once.
7) If the unit boots, the unit suffered a slight surge
8) If the unit does not boot and remains dead, the unit suffered a severe surge and may be burned out and needs replacing
I hope this helps and let me know how it goes afterwards
Posted on May 03, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 05, 2013 | Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook
Jun 04, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook
L300 series boot problems
L300 series laptops are very good normally but don't boot up if there
is a device in the USB slot or a CD/DVD in the drive.
If it still refuses to POST, remove the AC Adapter, remove the battery and remove the hard drive.
Power the unit up without the hard drive and it should complete POST and complain that there is no hard drive. If that doesn't work remove AC adapter, ensure battery is disconnected and remove hard drive and RAM. Try again. If it still doesn't work, you have a mother board fault and it needs a service centre. www.Toshiba.com will help you out.
If it does work at one of the options, when you have closed the laptop down, replace the RAM first and test, then the Hard Drive.
Hope this fixes your problem.
Apr 02, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook
Mar 11, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite A305-S6857, A305-S6858,...
Jan 06, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook
Dec 22, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook
Jul 22, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook
Jul 03, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook
Jan 06, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook
Apr 30, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite L300 175-Watt Power...
1,809 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: