Question about Bosch SHU5315UC Dishwasher
What tools are needed for the repair. What is the level of difficulty in getting to the Control Module?
Actually all you need is a #20 torx screwdriver, a flat screwdriver and maybe a pair of needle nose pliers, but it can be done without the pliers if need be. The level of difficulty is hard to say since everyone has different and unique skills, but generally on a scale of 1 to 10 I`d say is likely a 2 - 3 depending on ones skills.
May I also inquire as to why you`re replacing the control ? Are you aware that typically the only thing which causes an error is the heater relay solder joint or the plastic tabs breaking off the casing which houses the control ? Did you know both are repairable ?
Anyway, just curiosity on my part, I digress.
**SAFETY FIRST - turn off the circuit breaker to the dishwasher before attempting any repairs or service to the unit**
I have a complete training manual I can send you if you`d like it, but you`d need to provide your email address, I can`t post it here it is adobe "pdf".
1) Remove the screws along both sides of the door panel until it is able to be removed, there will be either 2 plastic blocks which will fall out or molded styrofoam inside the panel, set the blocks and panel aside out of your way.
2) remove the screws around the perimeter of the control leaving the 2 ( one on each side ) facing away from the panel for the last.
3) once all the screws are removed the control fascia will be ready to pull away from the inner stainless steel door skin.
4) the fascia ( plastic cover with buttons/control face ) can now be separated from the inner control panel frame. If you observe closely you`ll notice it is only held together with tabs which need to be gently pulled away from the metal frame and then the fascia should pull off.
You should now be left with just a metal frame with the latch, power switch & rod and control board held in it.
5) All the wires in the bottom of the control will typically only go in one place, but it`s best to take a photo or mark them anyway...better sure than sorry right ? Remove the wires.
5) the plastic control casing is held into this metal frame only be tabs as well, push them inwards on one side and tilt the entire control back ( like it where hinged) and it will come right out.
6) This step should be much easier now that you`ve gained experience during the dis-assembly, reverse the steps to re-assemble it.
**if your door panel had the plastic blocks, they can be a pain to put back for one not experienced. The easiest way is to leave the two side screws out of the control panel to give it room to move into place at the top first and then down over the blocks.**
If you need help we`ll cross that bridge when we get there, get the control issue looked after first.
Let me know how you make out and if you want that service manual I can send you via email, it`s not very big...maybe 6MB or so.
Posted on May 03, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 05, 2017 | GMC Cars & Trucks
Aug 04, 2017 | Cadillac Cars & Trucks
Feb 19, 2017 | Saturn Cars & Trucks
Jun 17, 2016 | Kia 2008 Sorento LX
Jan 13, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 09, 2015 | Jeep Cars & Trucks
Feb 23, 2015 | 1999 Oldsmobile Bravada
Sep 13, 2013 | 2007 Audi A4 Convertible
Mar 24, 2011 | Fisher and Paykel (IWL12)
Jul 14, 2009 | Cycling
Jun 17, 2014 | Bosch SHU5315UC Dishwasher
705 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!