Question about Garden
There could be a few things preventing your
jets from pumping water. If
you just drained your hot tub, it is common to have an air lock in
plumbing and you must
bleed the air out of the lines. Look for tiny bleed
screws on the end of the pump. Open these bleed screws to allow
Always do this with the power off and be ready to close them
because water will spray out with the air. If you have a bleed
top of your filter, be sure to bleed air from there too. After
try turning the power on again and see if the jets work. You may
bleed the lines several times before the jets fully function, but
should see an improvement each time. As long as you get the
air out of the lines and the jets start flowing again, the
air will work its' way out.
If you didn't just drain your tub and you don't think you have an air lock, try the following:
1) Is the high speed pump working? If yes, skip to step 2. If no, check the voltage at the pump. If there is voltage, your pump is faulty and needs to be replaced. If there is no voltage, test back to the power source for open circuits or switches.
2) Is there good water flow out of some of the jets? If yes, skip to step 3.
If you don't have good water flow, try the following:
- Take apart the pump wet end and look for obstructions or a broken impeller.
- Make sure your filter is not clogged and is clean. If in doubt, try running your spa without the filter and see if there is an improvement.
- Check for closed or broken knife valves (gate valves).
- Make sure the water level is not too low and the floating weir on the skimmer is not stuck.
3) If you have good water flow out of some of the jets, look for jets that may be closed. Many jets can be adjusted for pressure and can be turned off at the jet. Also look for loose or worn out jet seals and check the nozzles for obstructions.
Posted on May 03, 2010
Yes it is possible that air is getting into the line, in very small amounts at a time but it likely is not your plumbing work rather, air bubbles that are in the water caused by the pump, Check all of your seals for leaks and if necessary fix the highpoint and see if that solves your problem, if not you will need to look elsewhere
Posted on May 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 25, 2017 | Pool & Spa
Dec 26, 2015 | Pool & Spa
Dec 15, 2013 | Lamber F92EK Under Counter Commercial...
Jun 22, 2011 | Refrigerators
Jun 25, 2010 | Dream Maker Spas Dream Maker Ez Spa Hot...
Nov 25, 2009 | Intex Krystal Clear Model 635 Pool Filter...
Oct 25, 2009 | Pool & Spa
Aug 05, 2009 | Whirlpool WED6400S Electric Dryer
Jun 22, 2009 | Pool & Spa
Mar 30, 2009 | Dream Maker Spas Dream Maker Ez Spa Hot...
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!