Question about Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
The CMOS battery is usually located/accessed by removing the keyboard.
Acer don't seem to want to share that kind on data so here's some stuff which may help, but its for an ASPIRE 3000:-
Before you begin, back up your data and remove the battery. CMOS Bios will be lost but will reset on restart.
This didn't quite do the job, the Aspire was a bit of a so and so. So here's how I changed it on a 3000:-
Acer Aspire 3000 CMOS battery replacement.
Before going any further, you need to know that Acer have done you no favours, this laptop is especially designed to raise revenue for Acer and other laptop technicians. This is a fiddly task and you could do with 3 hands.
1) The cmos battery is on the motherboard about half way down the left hand side, turn your laptop upside down and you should see a locking screw for the optical drive, its just inboard from that screw under the bottom cover plate.
2) The motherboard on the ACER Aspire 3000 is upside down, so it faces the bottom plate or table it sits on.
3) The battery is a 3v Maxell ML1220 or equivalent. About the size of your little finger nail.
Before dismantling your laptop, disconnect the power supply and remove the battery. Then read these instructions thoroughly, make sure you are happy with what you are going to do.
1) Ensure you've got plenty of work space, a plate/dish for the screws and I like to work on a newspaper so I can swivel it all around without scratching anything.
2) Close the laptop, remove the screws from the 3 hinge covers.Open laptop until flat, gently prise off the top backplate. It includes the hinge covers, buttons etc and continues down as far as the top of the keyboard.
Start at one end gently teasing/prising it upwards until it comes free, there are no connections.
3) Removed the 2 screws holding the keyboard down, lift the keyboard gently and place it upside down on the mouseplate, don't break the ribbon connector.
4) Remove the three remaining screws from under the keyboard, one of these is a second optical drive lock screw. Replace the keyboard in its bed, close the laptop and turn it over.
5) Remove all screws and covers from the bottom plate. Remove HDD and the Optical drive, but leave CPU, RAM and WIFI in place. There are 2 further screws one in the battery well and one in the HDD well,remove those also.
6) Very gently, from the side of the laptop where the DVD drive sits, prise the bottom plate away. It won't come away completely. There's a speaker connector at the front at the other end. Bear in mind you'll probably need the lid open as well.
7) Once you have the bottom plate prised far enought apart, you should be able to see the battery, on the motherboard about half way down just about where the back of the DVD Drive would sit. Its in a white plastic mounting, and should be able to flick it out with your finger nail or a screw driver. It may be a good idea to get a second pair of hands to hold the laptop while you replace the battery.
Remember the negative side of the battery sits in the mounting, Positive side upwards.
8) Re-assemble laptop, reverse order to dismantling.
9) Keep fingers crossed whey you re-boot.
Posted on May 02, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 30, 2014 | Acer Aspire Z5771-UR31P - All-in-one - 1 x...
Feb 03, 2013 | Acer Computers & Internet
Apr 09, 2012 | Acer Aspire 6920 Notebook PC
Mar 23, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5050-3242 Notebook
Oct 25, 2009 | Acer Aspire 1800 Notebook
Sep 06, 2009 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
May 19, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5520-5908 Notebook
Apr 06, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
Jan 17, 2009 | Acer Aspire™ T180 PC Desktop
Sep 16, 2008 | Acer TravelMate 2300 Notebook
406 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!