Question about Brother DCP-135C Flatbed Digital MFC All-In-One InkJet Printer
To get at the ink pads all the printer goto be taken apart it a big job, you cant miss the ink pads when you open the printer apart it one big mess of ink there.
All the best Pineworks
Posted on May 02, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: waste ink absorber
This is the ink counter reset instructions:
1. Service mode: Menu->Scan->Copy->Scan( one at a time in sequence)
2.Select "test mode"
3.Select "(8) ETC
4.Select "(4) EEPROM CLEAR
5.Select "(1) INK COUNT
6. press the OK button
7. Press the STOP/RESET button(returns you to the TEST MODE sub-menu
8. Press the ON/OFF button (which resets the printer).
There you go.
Posted on May 27, 2008
Not easy for most people to replace or clean ink pads, but this will reset
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button.
(Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button.
(Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 3 times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons.
(Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
After the function (menu) is selected, press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
Posted on Jul 06, 2008
You need to reset the waste ink counter. The printer doesn't know that you have replaced or cleaned the pads you need to tell it.
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.
Hope that helps, if it does please rate my solution.
Posted on Nov 14, 2008
You really don't have to disassemble it. What would be helpful tho is some sort of long needle-nose forceps. Tho I bet you could get by with a pointy chop-stick in a pinch. There are two waste-ink absorbers on the right, and one spongy thing on the left. With the 'hood' open, allowing you access to the cartridges, you should be able to see the pads. Get a Petzl light on your forehead, you'll need a lot of light! The sponge on the left is covered by a small clear plastic trough that channels the ink into the sponge below. With enough poking and prodding you should be able to get all these out, rinse with water, dry with a hair dryer, blot out the pad areas with a kleenex, and pop them back in. Good Luck!
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 11, 2013 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
on May 01, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
Oct 21, 2012 | Canon PIXMA MP180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 09, 2012 | Canon PIXMA MP170 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 20, 2011 | Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
Jan 17, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 23, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 24, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
1,188 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: