Question about Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
The waste ink absorbers are usually small pads at the bottom of the printer. You need to pull them. This is usually messy and can require basically taking apart the printer. Then either replace (contact a service center) or rinse clean the pads (just running water works). Once the pads are dry (if reusing them), reinstall them.
Then reset the counter:
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
Do not do the reset until the ink absorber is cleaned. The waste ink will get everywhere in the printer and the pages you print.
I hope this helps.
(most ink jets are really designed to be replaced if the waste ink absorber is full - the other parts may soon fail too.)
Posted on May 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 04, 2011 | Xerox Phaser 8860MFP Printer
Dec 07, 2009 | Canon i9100 InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 13, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
Oct 11, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
May 20, 2009 | Canon MultiPASS F80 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 28, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP130 All-In-One InkJet...
208 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!