Question about Apple iPod MA446LL/A MP3 Player

1 Answer

Static electricity I received a static electrical shock when I touched my ipod to increase the volume. Now it will not play music. The display still works as does most functions such as volume or next song. When this occurred I was playing music through my home stereo system via the auxillary jack. Have you run into this sort of problem previously? Thank you. Thorne

Posted by on

  • Anonymous Jan 15, 2009

    same problem here but nothing (not even display) comes on. frustrated.

  • akkarahalis May 14, 2009

    I have an iPod nano 1st Gen. that I just decided to use recently. I had it in an aux jack like you and I felt a little shock as I touched the click wheel. Now I can't do anything with it! My iPod turned off when hit.

×

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Corporal:

    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 16 Answers

Everything works but no volume comes out the dock or the head phone plug??

if it's the head phone plug you could have burnt something out in between well i guess that would be true either way

if it is the head phone plug there is a good likely hood you can get away with minor wallet skimming

if it's both then you got me and if it's the dock then just be happy it's not totally blown

Posted on Mar 27, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Electric shock from an unplugged Nintendo wii - how is this possible


It was probably just static electricity. Sometimes the body build up static electricity by just walking on a carpet or from friction of the clothes being worn. He then got the shock when he somehow grounded himself.

Jan 19, 2013 | Nintendo Wii Video Game Consoles & Games

1 Answer

I have a bodyguard t260 treadmill and when I run on it there is a great deal of static electricity that shocks me when I touch the treadmill handles


The shock is a build up of static electricity on your body called Electrostatic Discharge (ESD). Friction between the walking board and belt can generate static electricity.

If experienced, the shock is not harmful or dangerous.

Nov 11, 2011 | Exercise & Fitness

2 Answers

Akai AA-R32 & static electricity


HI...

I'm not what you want to sink into this.

The smell is a failed component on the display board
If its the processor/display driver , you'd be better off getting another receiver

If I repaired a unit like this ( if parts can be had ) it would run about $150

Mar 21, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Have iLive ihs3 2.1 speaker system. The speaker was sitting on top of the television, roommate was dusting the tv screen and elbow touched iLive speaker. There was like a static electricity shock, and...


Unfortunately I don't think so. TV"s can develop a huge static charge & dusting would increase it... that Discharge was a huge shot of Static Electricity, most likely fried ya output devices...

Feb 02, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I touch the on/off button on the Prima TV to turn


I am sure you had some strong static electricity. The static spark arced to inside of the TV in to the circuit board. Many of the low cost TV sets have poor static electricity protection.
In most cases there is damaged caused by static shock to electronic devices.
Just for curiosity, you can try unplugging the set from the AC mins and plugging it back in to do a simple reset, in case there is no damage and some logic device became hung up.
Last year I picked up my mobile phone and got a static shock from it. I had to get a new phone. This phone never worked again!

Jerry G.

Jan 19, 2010 | Prima C2012 TV

1 Answer

What causes the static background noise in my keyboard?


Hi,

It sounds as though you have a static electricity problem in your volume pot. Although there are sprays on the market that you can use for all of the electrical switches on your keyboard which removes and suppresses static electricity, one way to make sure this is the problem is to slide your volume slider to maximum, then minimum, up and down about 10 to 20 times, if the scratchy sound begins to diminish, you knwo the problem lies there. As a matter of fact, if you do it long enough, the sound may go away altogether, although without a good spray of electronics cleaner or electrical contact cleaner (which you can find at stores like home depot or online, even eBay), the sound will return.

If this is not the case, and the scratchy static sound does not go away or depreciate, it could be your cords or even static on the pc board inside the unit. If you are confident that you can crack the case on your board without causign damage, then get a screwdriver and open the case (all screws are located on teh bottom of the unit) and give it a good spraying with electrical contact cleaner on all of the contacts and even a once over on all of the circuit boards. Do not wet the circuit boards with too much spray, rather, give them a light misting.

For areas where you plug in, like your 1/4 inputs, your midi ins and outs, and headphone jack, spray the contact cleaner inside the holes. You don't have to worry about spraying too much in these areas. Just do not oversaturate.

Hope this helps, and thanks for using FixYa

Jul 18, 2009 | Music

1 Answer

Guitar astat


To me this is a natural reaction to having the volume all the way up, when you touch the strings your stopping any vibration from taking place there by stopping the static, or the other problem could be that your pickups are set up much to close to your strings, try to lower them and see what happens, a bad cord could also be the culprite.

Feb 28, 2009 | Epiphone Les Paul Studio Electric Guitar

2 Answers

Rth230b honeywell display screen faint


Mike, The static electrical spark probably 'zapped' the Rth230b Honeywell Display unit. If you have already tried removing the power (batteries) from the unit and after waiting several minutes; reapply the power (batteries). If the problems remain unchanged, then it is time to replace the Display unit with a new one. The static electricity problem is problematic and the only way to prevent the same problem from recurring is to discharge yourself before touching the Honeywell Display. As you walk across the room which (probably has carpet), causes the static electricity to build up on your body and then discharges itself through the Display unit when you make contact with the Display unit. You might try coming to a complete stop and attempt to discharge the static charge on your body by touching the wall first with one hand for a second before touching the Display unit with the other hand. Naturally, cold weather with low humidity makes the static electricity worse. Hopes this helps you. Henry

Feb 04, 2009 | Honeywell Programmable Thermostat Heater

2 Answers

TV won't turn on.


Stevenson

the fact that you got shock is because something is not right inside the tv. You need to have that tv check because a manufacturer will not fabricated a tv that can electrocute anyone, specially when you turn the volume. Static electricity is always present in front of any tv that might be the cause of why you got shock. By removing your coat, and touch some metallic object you may get electrocuted, because of static electricity. Please, I want you to have that tv check, I can check that tv for you. I felt something is wrong inside the tv, and something is loose inside like pennies and toys objects. That's my impression. My e-mail address Stevebuy31@hotmail.com

Jan 02, 2009 | Akai PDP4225M 42 in. Plasma Television

1 Answer

Uniden black 900 mhz basic model


Julie: If you have increased the volume control to the maximum volume position ( the up touch key) and the volume is still low you have probably done some damage to the amplifier circuit with-in the set and it can't be repaired. Thank You. Jerry

Jan 21, 2008 | Uniden Cordless Phone

Not finding what you are looking for?
Apple iPod MA446LL/A MP3 Player Logo

109 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Apple Audio Players & Recorders Experts

Jazz Boyce
Jazz Boyce

Level 1 Expert

728 Answers

mac colar

Level 2 Expert

421 Answers

Sean Cole
Sean Cole

Level 2 Expert

250 Answers

Are you an Apple Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...