Question about E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
This could be a number of issues.
Here are a few things you can try.
1. take the battery off the back then plug the ac adapter in and see if the system turns on.
2. If that still doesn't work unplug the ac adapter (make sure system is turned off), make sure you are grounded (not on carpet) and unscrew the memory panel on the bottom of the laptop and remove a ram module. Most laptops have two sticks of ram. try alternating between the two sticks and the two channels. Sometimes a bad stick of ram or a bad memory channel can cause this behavior.
3. If the system still doesn't post then you can take the hard drive out and see if it will come on then. Again, sometimes a bad piece of hardware will keep a system from posting.
4. Check all other removal hardware I.E. wireless card (usually located near the memory)
5. If the system still doesn't post then chances are you with have a bad dc jack or the motherboard has failed. Typically motherboard's are too expensive to replace and dc jack repairs require you to take the laptop completely apart and do quit a bit of soldering. If none of the other steps work I would suggest simply replacing this laptop.
Hope this helps.
Posted on May 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 15, 2016 | Computers & Internet
Aug 07, 2012 | 1993 kawasaki ZZR 1100
Apr 14, 2012 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
Dec 04, 2011 | Televison & Video
Mar 04, 2011 | Acer eMachines 520-2890 Notebook
Nov 24, 2010 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Mar 06, 2017 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook
Dec 29, 2008 | Protron PLTV3250 32 in. LCD Television
350 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!