Question about Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Is this printer directly connected to the computer? If yes, follow the instructions below:
1. You may need to start with power cycling the printer. Disconnect the printer from the computer and unplug the power from the wall socket. Leave it disconnected for 5 minutes.
2. Make sure that the printer is set as your default printer and the status is ONLINE.
* Control Panel > Printers > right-click the printer icon > select "Use printer online". If the option is use printer offline, meaning that the printer is currently online.
3. Clear all pending documents on the queue.
* Right-click the printer icon > cancel all documents.
4. Try to change the port.
* Right-click the printer icon > Properties > Ports tab.
* If the printer is set to USB001 Virtual Printer Port, set it to USB002...
5. Restart the printer spooler.
* Start > Run or Search > type "services.msc" (without quotes).
* On the services window, locate the "Print Spooler" and click on it.
* Then click on "Stop the service" and then click "Restart the service".
6. If same problem occur after doing these things, uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.
7. Last, contact a repair tech to see if there's a hardware problem.
Thank you and good luck!
Posted on May 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 27, 2011 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Apr 17, 2010 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Oct 23, 2009 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Oct 06, 2009 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
May 30, 2009 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Feb 27, 2009 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Feb 02, 2016 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
115 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!