Question about Apple iPhone Smartphone

1 Answer

Iphone got submerged in water. started working again that night. five days later it just stopped working. tried charging it on 3 different chargers and tried hooking it back up to the computer. its dead!

Posted by on

1 Answer

Ypu might have not allowed all the waterto dry,send it to apple for service

Posted on Mar 26, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

3 Answers

Iphone 3g proper charging


Once you purchase the iphone,dont use it yet.Instead of using it right away,kindly charge your IPhone with the wall charger for 3 hrs.Please dont use the Iphone while charging.Kindly check always if the battery is full.Once its fully charged then that's the time that you can use the iPhone. Once fully charged, let the iPhone's battery fully drain.Please keep the iPhone off for 2 hours.Fully charge your iPhone and allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for two hours. (You may use your iPhone during this time as long as the iPhone is plugged in).Repeat the third and fourth step a maximum of three times if you feel your battery indicator is inaccurate.

Here are some tips for your everyday charging for your IPhone:
#1 - Charge your iPhone throughout the day when available. Charge EVERY night, regardless of charge level. This will keep your battery active, which is healthy for the iPhone's battery.
#2 - Use a wall charger or car charger w/ rated output 5V 1A. Computer chargers might not charge when the computer is in standby mode.
#3 - You cannot overcharge your iPhone. You don't need to disconnect the iPhone from the charger after it's done charging. Once fully charged, the iPhone will run strictly off of AC power and will not damage the battery.
#4 - Every two months, make sure you fully charge and fully drain the battery, in one cycle. This calibrates your battery indicator. If you fail to do this, your indicator will become inaccurate. Calibrating your battery does not improve battery life.
#5 - If you ever need to store your iPhone for any reason, make sure your battery is stored @ roughly 50% and in a cool environment.
#6 - Always charge your iPhone out of its case (assuming you can easily remove the case). Charging your iPhone inside your case will make the iPhone hotter, which is bad for the battery.
#7 - Charge your iPhone in a cool location. Charging your iPhone in a cool environment has a tremendous impact on your battery's lifespan. The colder the location you use to charge, the more charging cycles you can complete without your battery deteriorating. Avoid charging in direct sunlight.
#8 - Use properly rated chargers. Using chargers that are not properly rated will have a huge impact on your battery's lifespan. Make sure your car charger has the same rating as the official Apple charger.
The official Apple wall charger is rated as follows:
Input: 100 240V ~ 50/60 Hz 1.0A
Output: 5V 1A
Thanks!

Apr 15, 2011 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

My samsung rant wont charge. it charged yesterday but today after plugging it into the charger the Samsung name lights up and then it says "low battery please charge" but it wont charge, i did drop it in...


Phone not charging.
Hello, when a phone does not charge, it means that the phone charger or the port at which the charger is inserted in the phone is faulty.

Might be due to dust or dirt. You can Clean charging port on the phone with a brush and alcohol to remove dirt.

After cleaning it,if still not charging, you can test charger with another phone to be sure if the charger is working. And if charger works with another phone,that means the charging port on the phone is faulty and will need to replaced.

Take care.



Aug 10, 2010 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

MY NEW PHONE WAS NOT CHARGING VIA WALL WHEN CONNECTED TO COMPUTER STARTED TO CHARGE THEN TRIED WALL KEPT CHARGING LATER TRIED WALL AGAIN AND NOT CHARGING????


There is probably something wrong with the wall socket charger. Try a different charger on your phone and a different phone on your charger and see which ones work.

Dec 27, 2009 | Cell Phones

17 Answers

IPhone 3Gs shut off and will not turn back on.


I just had the same problem but while filming a video and then pressing stop. You need to "cold boot" (hard reboot) by pressing the home button (center round one) and the start button (top right button) at the same time. Hold both buttons down until you see the apple logo on the screen. Your data should be there. Always go to an Apple Store if you have problems in the future.

Jul 20, 2009 | Apple iPhone 3G

3 Answers

Shows fully charged (plug icon), but isn't taking a charge. A;ready tried reboot/restore.


Get a can of air and blow it into the 30-pin connector and headphone jack to clear the phone of dust and build-up. This should clear up the problem. I learned this from an Apple Store Genius Bar associate.

Jun 01, 2009 | Apple iPhone 3G

1 Answer

Apple Iphone not turning on?


How to Save a Submerged iPhone3G

I have an iPhone 3Gthat has been submerged not once, but four separate times, three of them over a minute(not on purpose of course). The last time was at least 10 minutes, but more likely closerto 20 minutes. I noticed it missing frommy pocket traveling through a shallow swamp on my duck boat, so I didn't even bother lookfor it. I later found it in the bottomof the boat upon pulling the drain plug. It had been submerged under several inches of particularly cold anddirty bilge water the entire time. The point I am tryingto make here is that, the iPhone 3G is a rather resilient device, as far assubmersion in water is concerned. Therefore, it would seem that there is a good chance your device can besaved, even this late in the game.

First, and foremost,is going to be getting device apart, so the inside can dry out. Due to the iPhone 3G's tight and relativelyseamless construction, you can be almost certain there is still water inside.

There are manydecent places on the web to find text, picture, and iPhone-3G-Step-By-Step/id/3302490466">video instructions on disssembly, some may outline reassembly as well. But if you really take your time and don't lose any screws, it is not that bad until the end. Performing a search for "iPhone 3g disassembly" will net you plenty of results ti sort through.

I must warn you that there was one part of thereassembly process that may be rather difficult for some people, which requires avery delicate, yet firm hand. At the time I first attempted this last fall, there were no "how to" instructions on the web for this part of the procedure, however, that may be different now.

To start, you'llneed a small paper clip, a set of small Phillip's-head screwdrivers, a prying tool that needs to be rigid and flat and for thepart mentioned about a thin tweezers, forceps or similar tool. Basically, when you are connecting the final3 connectors that run from the digitizer to the motherboard, you'll find two ofthem relatively easily snap in place. However, the third connection is theshortest, thinnest and most delicate, consisting of a ribbon that needs to bedelicately slid into a snapping connector. The catch is, the covers need to be nearlyclosed together in order for it to reach, it's not fun.

Anyways, I attachedsome good links in the first sentence of paragraph three for you. For the most part just follow the directions,taking the device completely apart and let it dry for a day or so. The digitizer will probably retain some water inside even after drying thedevice from the inside out. The best wayI can describe what it looks like would be a cluster ofopaque-irregularly-shaped "islands" inside your screen. The "water islands" slowly evaporate over a period of weeks tomonths probably from heat produced by the back-light being on, depending on how much is in there.

Good luck!

Feb 09, 2009 | Apple iPhone Smartphone

1 Answer

Iphone touchscreen not working


try fully charging the battery

Apr 15, 2008 | Apple iPhone Smartphone

29 Answers

Iphone won't charge and now won't work


I left my phone charging for a few hours and it appeared not to be charging as the battery icon was staying at 10% of charge. I was confused because it had the charging icon in the upper right hand corner. If your phone is doing something similar i simply powered the phone down and turned it back on. The charge went from 10% to 100% on the display. This is what worked for me hope this helps.

Jan 22, 2008 | Apple iPhone Smartphone

Not finding what you are looking for?
Apple iPhone Smartphone Logo

Related Topics:

66 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Apple Cell Phones Experts

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18330 Answers

Lesley Cameron
Lesley Cameron

Level 3 Expert

353 Answers

Ed Nelson
Ed Nelson

Level 2 Expert

149 Answers

Are you an Apple Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...