Question about Canon PowerShot G9 Digital Camera
There are a number of things you can try:
1. Ensure batteries
are fully charged
2. Look carefully between the lens and the camera body for any sand or other dirt etc
3. Try turning the camera with the lens facing down and shake to dislodge anything stuck
4. Try removing batteries
and memory card, wait 2 minutes and refit
If no luck then we have to try some things that could possibly result in damaging your camera so should only be tried if happy to take that risk...
5. Try thumping the camera into your other hand, by thumping into your hand you are trying to jar the mechanism loose, by using your hand you will hopefully not do it too hard or it will hurt. You may need to do this a dozen or so times in different places to work. I have found the flat of the camera bottom into the flat of your hand best..
6. If the lens is stuck in the out position then remove the batteries and try twisting the lens first one way then the other, do not apply excessive force when doing this or you can break gears, you are trying to reposition not force... Likewise if the lens looks like it is crooked you can try pushing it back into position. This has a higher chance of doing more harm than the thump so please be careful...
7. Dismantle the camera, not for the faint hearted, you need to dismantle the lens assembly into the main body of the camera
If problem Persist, you need to Send the Unit for Repair.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on May 01, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 03, 2014 | Cameras
Jan 07, 2011 | Olympus FE-4000 Digital Camera
Aug 13, 2010 | Kodak EasyShare One Digital Camera
Jun 13, 2009 | Sony Cameras
Dec 25, 2008 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P73 Digital Camera
Aug 11, 2008 | Cameras
Nov 12, 2007 | Fuji FinePix A310 Digital Camera
Oct 18, 2007 | Panasonic DMC-FX07 Digital Camera
Jun 17, 2006 | Olympus Camedia C-4000 Zoom Digital Camera
111 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: