Question about Televison & Video
Ok, above, a troubleshooting guide, above that is the Dell, support, above that is your user manual. Below is a service manual, not for your exact model, but it will help.
Things to look at when you have no picture from projector
1. Laptop or computer is not connected correctly. Check your cables and note where it is plugged into on the back of the projector. Make sure the projector is set to display from the right port.
To check this there should be a button on the projector or the remote for the projector that allows you to cycle thru all the input connections
2. If using a laptop make sure that the laptop is sending video out to the external video port. This is normally done by pressing the FN key and one of the F# keys. Example on a Dell laptop press FN + F8 sends video to the external video port
Please note that there are normally 3 modes to the FN + F# keys on a laptop when pressed. You may have to press the combination more than once to get output on the laptop and projector.
MODE 1 Laptop Display only
MODE 2 Projector Display only
MODE 3 Projector and Laptop display
Please note that the FN + F# combination key will be different depending on manufacturer
3. Check for problem lights on the projector. Some projectors have “Overheat” and “Lamp check” warnings indicators.
4. Projector lamp has failed try reseating the lamp. .
Projector is overheating (Over heat indicator on) or the cooling fan is running at high speed all the time
1. Clean the cooling fan intake and filter. Replace the filter if needed, do not run the projector without the filter.
2. Check for intake vent obstructions, if projector is ceiling mounted.
The picture from the projector is tinted (Red, Green, Blue, Pink or some other color)
1. Check the cable connection from the computer to the projector
2. Someone has adjusted the colors wrong. You will need to reset the projector back to factory settings. This can be done thru the buttons on top of the projector or with the remote.
3. If the above does not fix this then you will need to send the projector in for service. The Video display board is faulty.
Picture is too wide for the projector screen
1. Display resolution is set to high for the projector to handle, change the display resolution to a lower setting.
2. Press the “Sync” button on the projector and let the projector resync itself to the incoming video.
3. Reset the projector back to default settings
4. If the above does not fix the issue then chances are the Projector will not support the video out of the computer that it is connected to.
Projector is not responding to the remote
1. Replace the battery in the remote.
2. Make sure that that the IR sensor is not obstructed.
Posted on May 02, 2010
1.We will need the model number here to further assist.
2.this is more than one issue here but there is not enough information to go on.
3. I will need to know how the screen looks etc.
4. I suspect a high voltage section may be the or the B+ side of the main board is possibly failing or failed
A tech will be the only one that to determine the malfunction and the components that needs replacement.
Posted on May 01, 2010
If lamp light turns On that means lamp is not working and possible reason would be broken lamp or got reached to end of its working hours life.
Replace lamp in projector to get it fixed.
Lamp replacement procedure is written in user manual, click HP Support to download manual copy, if required. Please reset lamp hours after lamp replacement as its mentioned in user manual.
Hope this info will help you.
Posted on May 01, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 06, 2015 | American Standard 5000 Heat Pump Unit
Dec 06, 2012 | Sony Televison & Video
Nov 26, 2012 | Roper RAS8445KQ Top Load Washer
Dec 24, 2010 | Dacor ECS130 Epicure Electric Single Oven
Sep 06, 2010 | Pentair 1.0 Hp Whisperflo Pump
Dec 07, 2009 | Roper RAS6233KQ Top Load Washer
Aug 10, 2009 | Ruud UAKA037 Air Conditioner
Jul 01, 2009 | 1997 Isuzu Rodeo
Jan 27, 2009 | Kenmore 659 Electric Dryer
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!