Question about Sony Handycam DCR-DVD108 DVD Camcorder
Ok ..this means that it is either an issue with the dvd player ..or with the format in which it was recorded..or the actually burning had been made with a converting ..the bottom line is that the dvd does not recognize the sound format ..
the thing to do is to reset the camera ...so if it did recorded before in a format that was playable in the DVD to do it again ..(resetting gets it to the default factory settings and if you changed something by mistake ..it should restore the setting )
another thing is to burn the disk again ..using Nero or ..but first convert the file in plane DVD format using a converter ..
I guess you can convert it in Nero directly ..but it will take a long time and it is not an easy task ...
so ..use this software to convert the files in DVD format ..(or in avi if the player supports divx (it should be written on the front side )
but ..if you install Nero ..and it supports the input file ..and you choose from the Nero start smart window..make dvd disk..it will convert it to a comon DVD if it is in another kinda format..
also check the sound installation on your dvd player ...maybe there is something wrong with the settings or the cable...and the recorded disk has nothing wrong ..
in what regards the playing on the computer ..also try to play with VLC player
Posted on May 02, 2010
Thanks for using Fixya.
Please follow these steps:-
1. Locate the RCA inputs on your DVD player/TV. Most models will have the yellow-red-white connections on the front, side or back of the device.
2. Attach all RCA cables to the input on your player according to color. This will ensure that you have enough length on the cable to stretch from your camcorder to your player
3. Attach the other end of the RCA cable to your camcorder, again according to color.
4. Turn on your camcorder and player. Turn the television to the channel which displays the camcorder footage. This could be channel 3, Input 1 or Aux on many standard televisions.
5. Insert the tape and press play on your camcorder and be sure that the footage is shown on the television. If it is not, check that the cables are secure, and that the television is on the proper channel.
Please ensure that the batteries are fully charged.
Good Luck and have a nice day.
Posted on May 01, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 17, 2014 | Panasonic Televison & Video
Apr 21, 2010 | Sony RDR-VX530 DVD Recorder/VCR
Feb 28, 2010 | Sony RDR-VX515 DVD Recorder/VCR
Sep 26, 2009 | Sony Handycam DCR-DVD108 DVD Camcorder
Jun 20, 2009 | Sony RDR-GX315 DVD Recorder
Jun 09, 2009 | Audiologic DVCR-251
Nov 13, 2008 | Sony BDP-S300 Blu-Ray Disc Player
Oct 29, 2007 | Sony Handycam DCR-DVD108 DVD Camcorder
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: