Question about Hoover SteamVac Carpet/Upholstery Deep Cleaner Vacuum
This model shown is a 5900 series. I will base my answer from this. First remove the lower tank cover, and then remove the front panel duct in front of the lower tank. Insert the hose end that looks like a triangleinto the slot where the froint panel was.re-install the lid on the tank. Tilt handle upright and you are ready to use the hose
Posted on May 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 15, 2012 | Hoover F5866-900 SteamVac Deluxe Wet/Dry...
Feb 22, 2011 | Filter Queen Vacuums
First check the motor duct gasket. The motor duct gasket is visible once the tank is removed. It is located underneath the handle on the top of the base of the machine. It has a black rubber coating around it. If there is no suction there please let us know. If your machine does have suction at the duct, continue to check the following:
- Ensure the Ready Tools Dial is set to the appropriate setting (Floor Cleaning or Hose Attachments).
- Remove the tank from the machine and ensure the tank lid is attached properly. The front window must first hook onto the lip of the bottom of the tank and then drape over the tank. Latch the bottom tank to the top tank lid. THIS LID CANNOT BE ATTACHED PROPERLY IF THE TANK IS NOT REMOVED FROM THE MACHINE.
- Make sure the Water Tank is not full on the outside of the bladder. If it is, empty the tank.
- Ensure the hose is firmly attached to the back of the machine. If not, re-insert as necessary by twisting into place.
- The machine must be in an upright, locked position and set to the Hose Attachment setting. If the handle is slightly tilted back while using, it will create a small gap at the suction inlet (where handle meets gasket, above the Bottom Tank) which will cause little or no suction.
- Check the red Tank Lint Screen for debris. If the Lint Screen is dirty, the unit will have poor suction. Clean the Lint Screen if necessary.
- If the float flap door in the tank lid is activating prematurely when you turn the machine on, this flap door should be replaced. This tank may need to be emptied.
- Check the Tank Lid and Tank for damage.
Nov 16, 2010 | Vacuums
Nov 10, 2010 | Hoover F5906-900 Upright Steam Vacuum
Aug 04, 2010 | Bissell 1425 Little Green ProHeat Handheld...
Nov 07, 2009 | Hoover SteamVac F5914-900 SpinScrub...
Jun 17, 2009 | Hoover SteamVac F5914-900 SpinScrub...
Jan 30, 2009 | Hoover SteamVac F5914-900 SpinScrub...
Mar 10, 2008 | Hoover F5515 Hot Spot Upright Vacuum
Mar 07, 2008 | Hoover F5832-910 SteamVac Supreme Vacuum
201 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!