Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Yes, hp provides a Universal Postcript Driver.
1) Go to hp.com and click on Support & Drivers at the top of the home page. In Step 1, select Dowload Drivers & Software. In Step 2, Type into the window LJ5000 and click Go.
2) Select Laserjet 5000
3) Select your operating system, e.g. Windows XP, or Vista, etc.
4) Scroll down to the driver tables. Look for Universal Postscript Driver for Windows and click on Download.
5) Install the driver.
As for the network, I assume this is a Laserjet 5000, NOT a 5000N (which means it has an Embedded network card inside). If this is the case, you will need to add a JetDirect card into the printer. Then you will be able to install it to the network and print from other PCs.
On the other hand, if yours IS a network printer, you will merely need to install the printer to your network.
1) Plug you network cable into the printer.
2) Power the printer on.
3) After the printer comes to READY, wait for about 3 minutes.
4) Go to the printer's onboard menu and scroll to INFORMATION and select that menu.
5) Scroll down to "PRINT CONFIGURATION PAGE".
6) On the Config Page, look for the Embedded JetDirect page, and look in the left column for IP Address. It should be from your network.
7) Look next for Configured by: DHCP.
8) If you go to a PC that is on the same network, type the IP address for the config page into the web browser address window and press Enter key. You should see your printer "Laserjet 5000", and can from here do all knids of settings if you choose.
You will need to install the driver on each PC, or install the driver onto the network server as well.
Posted on May 02, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 14, 2016 | HP LaserJet 5550 Printer
Dec 22, 2011 | HP LaserJet 5200dtn Printer
Aug 03, 2011 | HP LaserJet P3005 Printer
May 16, 2010 | HP LaserJet 4350 Printer
Feb 06, 2010 | HP LaserJet 1320 Printer
Aug 10, 2009 | HP LaserJet 2840 Printer
Jul 17, 2009 | HP LaserJet 5000n Printer
May 29, 2008 | Itochu C.itoh CI 5000 Matrix Printer
Jul 16, 2018 | Samsung Office Equipment & Supplies
77 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: