Question about Compaq Presario Notebook
I have unscrewed all the screws to open the lap top but still cant get it open can you help?
If it's the bottom you've removed, then you're almost there..you'll need to remove the keyboard, and under neath that, you'll find two or three more, holding the palm rest down..
Posted on Mar 27, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 14, 2012 | Compaq Presario Notebook
Jul 06, 2011 | Compaq Mini 110c-1001NR Notebook
Jul 03, 2011 | Lenovo Y560 - 15.6 - 500GB - Gray Hard...
May 10, 2011 | Toshiba QOSMIO E15-AV101 Notebook
3. Unscrew the hard drive cover. Grab the hard drive tab and shift the hard drive to the left to unplug it. Lift the hard drive out of the bay.
4. Unscrew and remove the PCI memory cover, the optical drive cover, and switch cover.
5. Unscrew the two screws that hold the keyboard to the base, these are located in the middle of the rear panel. Flip the laptop over so it is right side up, open and remove the keyboard by using the keyboard release switches located above the keyboard. Next, unplug the Toshiba Satellite U205-S5067 Fan cable.
6. Close the laptop and turn it over so it is bottom up. Unscrew the display assembly screws located under the laptop screen hinges. Turn the laptop over so it is right side up. Open the laptop and unplug the display assembly cable and disconnect the wireless antenna from the display assembly. Unscrew the display assembly from the laptop base and remove.
7. Unplug the mouse pad cable. Turn the laptop over so the bottom side is up and unscrew the base screws which are located along all four sides of the laptop base. Gently remove the base of the laptop.
8. Turn the laptop over so it is right side up. Unplug the fan cable from the circuit board. Unscrew the screws holding the Toshiba Satellite U205-S5067 CPU fan assembly to the laptop. Lift the fan assembly out of the laptop.
9. Insert the new Toshiba Satellite U205-S5067 CPU fan assembly into the lap top. Screw the assembly unit to the lap top and plug the Toshiba Satellite U205-S5067 CPU cooling fan cable into the circuit board.
10. Reassemble the laptop by repeating the previous steps in reverse order.
Hope this helps.
Apr 05, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 28, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5920-6335 Laptop
Sep 05, 2009 | HP Computers & Internet
Feb 12, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1100 Notebook
Oct 08, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A75-S226 Notebook
Aug 31, 2007 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!