Question about Broadcom BCM94306MP - IEEE 802.11b/g Wireless Internal Mini-PCI Card (BCM94306MPWIRELESS)
I got a new compaq presario v6608au and its specs are -- 1 GB RAM, 160HDD,AMD TURIN 64X2 PROCESSOR, NVIDIA MCP67 chipset, BROADCOM 94311 wireless card and pre-installed windows vista Home Basic.
I installed Ubuntu 7.10 on dual boot and I had the problem with wireless driver and Iam unable to access any wireless networks. I tried to install windows drivers using NDISWrapper but the XP driver that I downloaded was a .exe file and so Iam unable to extract it to find the .INF file. Can you suggest me what to do????
I got my BCM94311 wireless card working on an HP DV6000 laptop using the guide here:
Posted on Nov 12, 2008
I am currently using Linux on a Compaq C500 with a Broadcom wireless adapter. Sounds like your wireless adapter is on of the ones that uses the b43 module like mine.
Aside from using the correct module, you also need a firmware image. Instructions can be found at: http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43
Hope this helps and good luck with Linux! Once you fully switch to Linux you'll never go back to crappy M$ products!
Posted on May 09, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
• HyperTransport 1.0 supporting speed up to 1000MT/s
• NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
• Supports Dual Channel DDR2 667/800
- 2 DDR2 DIMMs (240pin / 1.8V)
- Supports a maximum memory size up to 8GB.
• One PCI Express 1.0 x16 slot.
• One PCI Express 1.0 x1 slot.
• Two PCI slots (support 3.3v/5v PCI bus interface).
• One IDE port by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
- Supports Ultra DMA 66/100/133 mode
- Supports PIO, Bus Master operation mode
- Can connect up to two IDE devices
• Two SATA II ports by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
- Supports storage and data transfers at up to 3Gb/s
- SATA II 1~2 supports RAID 0, 1 mode by NVIDIA® nForce 630a & GeForce 7025 chipset
May 12, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 02, 2010 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
May 08, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5520-5908 Notebook
Apr 01, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1545 Notebook
Jun 24, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario C304NR Notebook
Jun 17, 2009 | Compaq Presario SR1810NX Sempron 3200+ 1.8...
Jan 12, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario V6620US 15.4" Notebook...
Dec 27, 2008 | Computers & Internet
453 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: