To set up Infrastructure Mode on your PSP®:
- Make sure the WLAN switch on the left side of the PSP® is turned on so that the PSP® can connect to the internet.
- Highlight (Settings) from the home menu.
- Select (Network Settings) and press .
- Select Infrastructure Mointernet connection of psp - icn_btnx_color.gif.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to enter a name for the connection, then press the right arrow button to continue. For more information, see Using the On-screen Keyboard.
- To set the Service Set Identifier (SSID) for the access point, select one of the following:
- Scan: searches for and then displays a list of access points (or wireless networks) and displays the SSIDs.
- Enter Manually: allows the user to enter the SSID using the keyboard. Select this option if you know the SSID of the access point.
- If you choose the Scan optinternet connection of psp - icn_btnx_color.gifs step, select the access point to be used and press .
- Confirm the SSID and press the right directional button.
- To enter security information for the access point, choose one of the following:
- None: does not set security information.
- Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP), WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES): all set security information. Press the right arrow button to move to the screen for entering WEP or WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) keys.
Note: The WEP and WPA key fields display eight asterisks no matter how many characters you enter as the key.
- After entering the security information, press the right arrow button to continue.
- To select the address setting method, choose one of the following:
- Easy: the following information is automatically set
Note: Most home networks will allow you to use the Easy address setting, which is recommended.
- IP address settings: Automatic
- DNS settings: Automatic
- Proxy server: Do Not Use
- Internet browser: Do Not Start
- Custom: you can manually enter detailed setting information, such as when you are using a static IP network. For details, see the instructions supplied with the network device or the information provided by your ISP.
- After selecting the address setting method, press the right arrow button to continue.
- Check the settings, using the left arrow button to return to previous internet connection of psp - icn_btnx_color.gify necessary corrections.
- To save the new connection, press .
- To test the connection, select Test Connection and press .
- If the connection is successful, information about the network connection will appear. Press to end the connection test.