How do I de-register my handsets on my VTech 2656 so that I can replace a handset that died. I can't tell the base unit that one of its four buddies died, so when I try to add my new handset, it refuses to recognize it since it has four registered handsets in memory -- the max for this model. I have been informed that I must de-register all of the handsets and then re-register, one by one. But I can find nothing in the manual about de-registration.
Re: How do I deregister my handsets on my VTech 2656
To be able to register your replacement handset, you must de-register all the handsets from the VT2656 base unit.
Follow the steps below to de-register your handset(s) from the VT2656 base:
1. Take out the handset that sits on the base. 2. Unplug power from the base. 3. Hold down PAGE while reconnecting power. When the In Use light blinks, release the PAGE key. 4. Hold down PAGE key for 5 seconds. When the In Use light begins to flash, release the PAGE key. 5. The handset charging light will blink 5 times. Within 5 seconds from when it stops blinking, press PAGE once.
You must register the handset(s) by following the steps below:
1. After charging the handset, remove it from the cradle, the LCD display will read "SEARCHING FOR BASE". 2. Press "NEW" and then enter the 15-digit Base ID code, located on the underside of the VT2656 base unit. 3. Press "OK". The handset will display "PLEASE WAIT!!". 4. Wait approximately 15 seconds. The handset will display "FOUND BASE". If the handset displays "BASE BUSY TRY LATER", this indicates that the system is in use. Wait until the base unit is in the idle (on hook) mode and repeat steps 2-4.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To deregister all handsets, with all handsets in standby, press and hold the Find Handset button on the base for about 10 seconds (or until the In Use light turns on and flashes). Release the Find Handset button. Then press and release the Find Handset button again while the In Use light is blinking. (You have about 5 seconds.) Wait until the process is complete. You should see the registration message on all handsets.
If the deregistration process fails, you can try resetting the unit from a registered handset. Pick up the registered handset that is on the base. Then press Talk/Flash button and then Off/Cancel buttons. Then try again.
Getting startedReplace a handsetIf you want to replace a handset or reassign the designated handset numberof a registered handset, you must deregister all the handsets and thenindividually register each handset.To make deregistration easier, read all of the instructions on this page beforeyou begin. To deregister all handsets:Press and hold FIND HANDSET on the telephone base for about 101.seconds (until the IN USE light on the telephone base turns on and starts toflash), then release FIND HANDSET.Press and release FIND HANDSET again. You must press FIND HANDSET2.while the IN USE light is still flashing. The IN USE light flashes forapproximately seven seconds.All system handsets show CONNECTING... The deregistration process3.takes about 10 seconds to complete. All handsets show NOT REGISTEREDwhen the deregistration completes.If deregistration fails, you might need to reset the telephone and try again.To reset:1.Pick up the registered handset and then press talk/flash.Press OFF/CLEAR and place the handset back in the telephone base.2.-OR-1.Unplug the power from the telephone base, then plug it back in.You cannot deregister a handset if any system handset is in use.
This worked for me after lots of digging....If you have already tryed reregistering your handsets and can only get two-or three to work try this and deregister them and re-register. If your base model number is vt2431: Take the handset out of the base, press **335782 on the dial pad of the base. (do not have the line active or anything , just put the (2) stars and 335782 in (no spaces) on the base unit. This will de-register all of the handsets at one time. Then just re-register the handsets...
The "END" and "#" key combination can be used for several purposes:
1) If wanting to use an ALREADY REGISTERED HANDSET on an alternate base, and if if the INITIAL BASE isn't available to deregister the handset:
1a) Press "END" + "#" until it for 5+ seconds (wait for it to beep)
1b) Choose the "Base Unavailable" option
1c) That'll deregister the CURRENT HANDSET so that it can be re-registered on ANY base.
2) If a BASE has a handset registered to it which you no longer want registered but the registered handset is missing or broken:
2a) Grab another WORKING handset which is properly REGISTERED to the BASE in question
2b) Press and hold the "END" + "#" key for 5+ seconds (wait for it to beep)
2c) Choose the "Deregister HS" menu option
2d) Pick the REGISTERED HANDSET # to de-register. (Every other registered handset EXCEPT THE ONE YOU'RE ON will appear in the list!)