Question about Frigidaire Refrigerators
You will need the new actuator, regular Phillips head screwdriver, putty knife, and jeweler's screwdrivers.
1. Go to this link to view the parts diagram.
2. Carefully peel part #14 using putty knife.
3. Remove 3 screws part #43
4. Carefully remove part # 4. Note, there are fragile plastic arms that snap into place to hold the top of part #4 in place. I used a flat jeweler's screwdriver to apply pressure to the arms so they did not snap off.
5. Once you have removed #4, you will be able to see the top side of the actuator. There are three Phillips head screws which hold it in place. Just remove those screws, install the new actuator, and replace the screws. Note you may need to remove three Phillips head screws holding #8 in place to get to the screws holding top of actuator. Do this carefully or the wiring harness which attached #8 to #38c will pull out which adds extra steps (If this happens, see below).
6. Replace all parts following the above steps in reverse.
7. I used a small amount of contact cement to restick #14 but it was probably not necessary.
If you accidentally pull the wiring harness from step #5 above out, you will need to remove the circuit board cover to replug it. There are 4 tiny Phillips head screws which hold the cover in place. Remove them using a jeweler's screwdriver, replug the harness, and carefully replace the cover.
Posted on Oct 16, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 17, 2016 | Frigidaire Refrigerators
Jan 29, 2015 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Jan 01, 2011 | Ford F-150 Cars & Trucks
Sep 24, 2010 | 2000 Cadillac DeVille
Jul 05, 2010 | 1996 GMC Suburban
Jun 22, 2010 | 2002 Mini Cooper
Oct 28, 2009 | Refrigerators
Oct 23, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Jul 27, 2009 | Hoover F5906-900 Upright Steam Vacuum
Feb 27, 2009 | 2000 Ford Windstar
Jul 06, 2018 | Frigidaire Refrigerators
Jun 29, 2018 | Frigidaire Refrigerators
388 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!