Question about Ovens
Hi, try tuning the power off to the range for about 30 seconds and see what happens. This will sometimes reset the control. If that does not do the trick, you will need a new control/clock for your GE made Kenmore range.
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 05, 2012 | Ovens
F1 touch pad / ERC test This simple test will help determine
whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is
defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single
assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or
making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound)
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Dec 10, 2010 | Jenn-Air JJW8530C Expressions Collection...
Nov 22, 2010 | Jenn-Air JJW8230D Electric Double Oven
Nov 16, 2010 | Jenn-Air JJW8230D Electric Double Oven
Mar 03, 2010 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Feb 10, 2010 | Jenn-Air WW30430P Stainless Steel Electric...
Aug 14, 2009 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Apr 01, 2009 | Ovens
Jan 03, 2009 | Jenn-Air JGW8130DD Gas Single Oven
Jun 08, 2008 | Jenn-Air JJW8230D Electric Double Oven
141 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!