Question about Kenwood DDX-512 Car DVD Player
I have this exact same unit, here's what you do:
1) Cut the little weird "do-hickey" off the end of the pink wire so that the wire looks like all the other wires.
2) Strip some of the coating from around the tip of the wire (so the wire is exposed).
3) Ground that wire to the unit itself under one of the clips or something (as long as its metal).
4) Pop a dvd in and it will play irregardless of the parking brake position.
5) This definitely works, however, I'm assuming this is so your family can watch and not you, right?
Posted on Jun 07, 2010
Never done it on that particular model but, have you tried hooking the parking brake wire (coming out of the unit) to ground and running a switch to it? The way it usually will work, when the screen appear telling you to put in in park just flip the switch on for a few second the off for a few seconds then back on again. Sometime just grounding it works.
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 23, 2011 | Jensen VM9510 Car DVD Player
Sep 03, 2010 | Jensen Car Audio & Video
Jun 21, 2010 | Audiovox JENSEN VM8012 3" WIDESCREEN...
Aug 16, 2009 | Jensen VM9510 Car DVD Player
Jun 16, 2009 | Audiovox VM9512 Car DVD Player
Jun 11, 2009 | Jensen VM9410 Car DVD Player
May 31, 2009 | Audiovox Jensen In-Dash DVD/CD Receiver w/...
Dec 02, 2008 | Audiovox VM9311TS
Nov 27, 2007 | Televison & Video
1,023 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: