a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
which Dish Network system do u have. If it is the Hopper they program a little easier that the others. but if you have anything other than the hopper u do this. #1 turn onTV,#1 take Dish Remote,#3 press and hold down the TV button on top of the remote, hold it till all four lights light up.#4 press the small red TV button,# now press and click the channel Up or Down , do this one click at a time , (do not just press and hold ) this may take 200 clicks so don't give up. #5 when the TV goes off u quickly press the #(pound button) located on the bottom right of the remote. the TV button on top should flash 3 times. Now try to turn the TV back on.Ok now if you are clicking the channel button too fast and the TV turns off and u pass it up no sweat,,just hit the # button anyway.. and start from the beginning again, but this time use the OTHER channel button the TV should turn off within a couple of clicks. (that saves you from having to hit the button another 100 tries.. ha good luck
same thing happened to a tv i let my parents use.. They said it quit working and were gonna throw it out.When i went over there, and turned it on. i found that some one hit the video button on the remote, and the screen went black and there was no sound.. It was just a black screen.even though it was on.when i showed them, they just looked at each other, then blamed the grand kids.
The best way to program with this remote is to follow these instructions.
1. Turn the device you wish to program on by hand
2. Press and hold the key for the device you are programming. (If it's a TV hold the TV button etc.)
3. While holding the button down, press and hold the power button down until the light turns off, and then back on. Once the light is back on release both keys.
4. Now, while pointing the remote at the device, hit the power button until the device turns off. Once the device turns off, you have found the right code.
5. Hit the stop button on the remote in order to save the code, and program the remote to that device.
This should work for most universal remotes these days. It might take you a long time to find the right code as well, the code list is very long so you just have to keep chugging through them. I've reprogrammed this type of remote many times and have hit the power button for over 5-10 minutes before the device turns off. Best of luck to you.
Go to Kenwoodusa.com click on support at the top then user manuals lower and on the right find your model numer after you hit find scroll down the page its under where you are . view the manual or download. your choice. Hope this helps. write back if not.
Perhaps channel 4 is the only channel programmed? Try reprogramming your channels. Perhaps a universal remote would give you direct access to the channels. Your channel up or down won't work with only 1 channel programmed.
if the tv is not hd then the control is on your tv.
However if the comcast box is an hd box do the following;
Press cable, then power and then with 2 seconds press the red menu button to get the hidden hd user setup menu. You may have to hit the menu button multiple times to get the menu to stay up on the tv.
Next go down to closed captions which is probably enabled, and hit the left or right arrow key to change it to disabled.
Then press the power button twice to turn the box off and back on.
Try these steps to program your TV:
1. Turn off your device 2. Hold the button of what you want to program (TV,VCR,DVD) until the red LED light lights up 3. Press the power button 4. Keep pressing Channel up/down until the device turns on 5. Press “OK” 6. Press power and volume/channel buttons to check it
If you go too far and hit channel up/down again after it turns on, you missed the right code, so hit the opposite direction of what you were doing until it turns on again, then, hit “OK” to program the right code.
Just had the TV repaired for the same issue. According to the shop it was a bad channel up/down switch. That impacted the other functions (menu not working, remote malfunction) because they're all intertwined. Only about a $75 fix here in the DC area, so maybe cheaper elsewhere.