Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
I think there may be a bug in Windows XP which automatically installs a printer in the Printer and Faxes Folder. But that is nonfunctional so that you can not print selecting it default.
To be able to print, you should try:
- Un install all the previously installed printer drivers.
- Connect the printer to you PC.
- Restart the computer.
- Let the windows install its default printer driver via plug and play. It may be like "Alps MD-100..." etc. You may rename its name in the "Printer and Faxes folder" as "Printer nonfunctional".
- Do not delete that default printer driver and do not use that printer drive while printing.
- Install the Alps driver which you had in the CD. (If you don't have I can find for you.)
- Then set the newly installed printer driver as your default printer.
- Always use this printer while printing.
Hope this helps.
If you have any comment I am ready to answer it.
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 16, 2010 | Alps MD 1000 Thermal Printer
Feb 11, 2010 | Alps MD 5000 Thermal Printer
Apr 29, 2008 | Alps MD 1000 Thermal Printer
Feb 15, 2008 | Alps MD 1300 Thermal Printer
Jan 18, 2008 | Alps MD 1000 Thermal Printer
Nov 04, 2007 | Alps MD 1300 Thermal Printer
Sep 23, 2007 | Alps MD 1000 Thermal Printer
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!