Question about Kenmore Microwave Ovens
First it is important that you learn the proper safety precautions because repairing a microwave can be very dangerous. You should always be sure:
· The appliance is not plugged in
· You don’t touch any wiring or components until you discharge the high voltage capacitor
· Don’t work alone
· Remove watches and other jewelry
DANGER: Microwaves produce lethal voltages. They can kill.
This Will let you to Help more..Click here
If your microwave looks and sounds normal but isn’t producing any heat, you should check the internal door switches, the high voltage circuitry and the circuit board for problems. You may need a certified technician to help you make these repairs.
If you are unable to adjust the power level, there may be a defective triac or a problem with the circuit board. If the carousel inside your microwave won’t turn when you run it, the small motor that operates it may be broken.
HIGH-VOLTAGE TRANSFORMER: When the voltage transformer fails, it will often emit heat and smoke, but with the fan running, you might not smell it. With the cover off, it may be easier to smell. Also, you can look at the windings and see if they look discolored due to heat. If a high-voltage transformer is shorting, it can blow the fuse a few seconds after pressing the start button to start a cooking cycle.For More Click here
In case Of loose Connection.. >If the connectors feel loose, and any burning or melting seems minor, you should be able to carefully tighten the connectors with a pair of pliers, then sand or file the rusty-looking terminals of the magnetron until they are clean and shiny.
>If the burning is more serious, the connectors may need to be replaced. They can be obtained from home improvement centers and auto parts stores. They are 1/4" connectors and can be squeezed in place onto stripped wire with proper crimpers or a pair of pliers. Another option is to cut the connectors off the wires and solder the wires directly to the magnetron terminals. If this is done, do not apply heat to the terminals any longer than necessary... >If the burning is really bad, the plastic surrounding the magnetron terminals is charred or melted, the magnetron may need to be replaced. Thanks For Contacting FixYa...
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 17, 2013 | GE Microwave Ovens
Mar 18, 2013 | Microwave Ovens
Apr 16, 2012 | Microwave Ovens
Nov 22, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
May 25, 2011 | Kenmore 60502 Microwave Oven
Feb 06, 2011 | KitchenAid KHMS2050S 1200 Watts Microwave...
Sep 16, 2009 | Kenmore 80412 Microwave Oven
132 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!