- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This set was designed in such a way that when it is unplugged and plugged back in the LED will blink for around 90 seconds and then stop. During that time you cannot turn the set on. This is the amount of time it takes for the Digital Module to boot up. These units have a problem with some capacitors going bad in the Digital Module and when that happens the LED never stops blinking. You need to contact a qualified repair shop to get it repaired. I have repaired many and the cost is around $250 to $350 depending on where you live. That set is well worth the repair cost.
do this. press and hold device and menu button on set for 5 seconds. this will retrieve a 2 digit error code .. the led will flash the first digit and pause the flash second digit. This unit is known to have capacitor problems on the power board. getting to these capacitors involves taking alot apart. let me know error codes and we can continue troubleshooting
Here is the proceedure to replace the lamp and reset the lamp hours.
Lamp Replacement Procedure:
1. Press the POWER button to turn off the power.
2. Wait for about 1 minute until the cooling fan stops.
The lamp cooling fan will continue to operate for about 1
minute after the power is turned off. Do not unplug the AC
Cord from the outlet until the fan has stopped. Avoid
interrupting the power by using circuit breakers or switchable
3. After the cooling fan has stopped, unplug the AC Cord from
Please wait more than one hour before replacing the lamp.
[ Forced cooling function ]
If you need to replace the lamp more urgently:
- The Projection display has a forced cooling feature.
After the POWER button is turned OFF, and during the
first minute of the normal cooling fan operation, press
the VOLUME UP button on the unit and CH UP key on
the remote at the same time for more than 5 seconds.
The cooling fan operates for about 10 minutes. (LAMP
LED will flash 5 times every 5 second and POWER LED
will flash red for 10 minutes.)
4. Remove the Front Cover Unit from the latches.
5. Turn the Knob to the left.
6. Pull the Lamp Cover out.
7. Loosen the Screw on the Lamp. Then, pull the Lamp.
Because the Lamp may still be hot, use caution when
8. Install the new Lamp, and tighten the Screw.
9. Install the Lamp Cover, and turn the Knob to the right.
10. Install the Front Cover Unit.
Lamp Time Reset Procedure:
Be sure to reset the Lamp time to "0" after replacing the new
1. Plug in the AC Cord, and turn on the power by pressing the
2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button on the unit and
the SPLIT key on the remote together for over 5 seconds
in power on condition.
When the reset is finished, the display will indicate that the lamp hrs have been reset to 0 and the LAMP LED goes out.
Most likely the convergence ICs are bad. These aare large black ICs attached to a heatsink. They will be marked STK393-110 and have about 15 pins or so. Replace these and check the fuses marked F9A01- F9A06 on the same board. Replace any open fuses after the IC replacement and report your results here.