Question about Whirlpool MH6141XK Microwave Oven

1 Answer

LIGHT AND FAN WORK BUT NO POWER TO MICRO

LOOKING AT WHITE CERAMIC FUSE...ITS BLACK IN MIDDLE....DOES THAT MEAN ITS BLOWN?

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 788 Answers

Any fuse that is black in the middle is not good.
If you have an Ohm or DVM meter you can check to see if it is open.
If it is open it will read infinity ohms, if it is good it will read close to zero Ohms. Zero ohms is when you touch the leads together and see what the meter is reading, it should be close to zero ohms. You can try replacing the fuse and you may be on your way, but, after you replace the fuse you may have it blow again and that is the faulty component...
I have to be honest, if this is an over the range microwave, you may want to invest in a repair, if not, then you may be better served just replacing the unit.

I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If you need further assistance please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Thanks for using FixYa
asnowman

Posted on Apr 29, 2010

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Put something to heatup after pushing start made standard startup noise then abruptly stopped working even electronics....breaker fine and receptacle working....does this unit have a fuse??


Almost all microwaves have internal fuses. Counter top micros need to remove outer case and fuse should be near where power cord enters the microwave, Fuse looks like old style glass car fuses but is white or gray ceramic. Can't look at it to tell if its bad. Need tester. Over the range (wall Micros) usually have the fuse directly behind the control panel which you will need to drop down away from the body. Same type fuse as stated before. 15 or 20 amp should be stamped on metal edge. Purchase at Radio Shack or a parts store---or some Hardware stores.

Mar 31, 2015 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Unit completely dead. no lights no fan no keypad wall outlet tests OK


The microwave oven internal fuse has blown, unplug unit, remove top case 2 to 6 screws, on right side look for a long rectangular silver capacitor, "carefull high voltage" the ceramic fuse should be next to it, "white body with silver ends" remove and replace with same rating. If the fuse blows again chances are the door switch is defective and must be replaced.

Jun 18, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My microwave just stopped working. No problems until now. In the middle of cooking it just stopped. No display, no beeps, no bouttons working, no light inside. There is power to the outlet I can plug in...


for the microwave to stop suddenly it has blown its internal fuse this is located under the top panel of the unit it should be white with two silver tips ( ceramic fuse) in some cases the fuse will blow for no good reason on the other hand it can be a serious fault the fastest way to check this is to replace the fuse and re test the unit if the fuse blows instantly then bin the microwave if not it the fuse may have simply failed


best of luck always remember unplug the unit first and always replace with same size and and current fuse

please rank this advice if it helped you

Dec 28, 2010 | Kenmore 80402 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My Emerson microwave is about 2 years old. I washed it just like I do every week and the power went out on it.


you mean it want power up or want work when you press the star buttom?
1. check the fuse if no power.

2. If it doesn't work when closing the door after setting timer it is the micro switch that the metal lach hits when the door close.

3. unpluge the micro wave unscew the scews to the cover of the microwave remove the cover. up front by the door you will see the micro switch maybe (brown,black,white,red/white ) what ever color it is disconet it take it to the hardware store buy a new one and replace it,themreasemble your micro wave.

Oct 30, 2010 | Emerson Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Wont turn on


With the info given, I would guess that your fuse is blown. You can taken the cover off and look inside. The fuse looks like one of the old car fuses but it's ceramic. Most likely a 20 amp. Do not try a regular fuse, it has to be a micro wave fuse.
Please rate solution

Sep 02, 2009 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

All of a sudden, no power, no lights, NOTHING!


if the microwave is on the same circuit as the refrigerator, it's possible that the micro was turned on just as the refer compressor kicked on. i've seen that situation pop a fuse in microwaves many times - make sure you get a ceramic slo-blo fuse

Aug 22, 2009 | Emerson Black Microwave Oven

1 Answer

This oven does not operate any longer.


TAKE OFF THE CABINET AND LOOK FOR A FUSE THAT IS MORE LIKELY GREY AND MADE OF CERAMIC IT IS SHAPED LIKE THE OLD GLASS AUTO FUSES. NO VISUAL (GOOD OR BAD) MUST BE TESTED WITH OHMMETER FOR CONTINUITY

Apr 28, 2009 | Whirlpool MH2155XP Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My microwave just stopped.


First a warning microwaves can be dangerous there is a lot of voltage in there waiting to get out and if you touch the capacitor you will get shocked and seriously injured so take care,the cover must be removed by takeing out the screws at the back of the panel sometimes there are screws at the sides or underneath.then look on both sides one side will have a fan and a big thing on the base this is your transformer(do not touch)you will see a wire with a larger plastic tube in the middle from the transformer(do not touch) that goes to a silver device with two wire attached this is the apacitor(really do not touch this can kill you)take a pair of well insulated long nose pliers and pull the wire with the plastic tube from the capacitor first the pull it from the transformer turn the tube in opposite direction to open you will see visually if the fuse is blown if so replace and reverse process to reasemble there is also some times a fuse on the pc board(if you have one)located behind the display panel normally a white ceramic fuse and on most machines whe the power cable comes inside the machine it is joined to a pc board there is normally a glass or ceramic fuse there check these first before going to the mains fuse between the transformer and the capacitor please again this is a dangerous piece of equipment respect it or it will bite you

Jan 26, 2009 | Maytag MMV1153A Microwave Oven

3 Answers

Possible fuse -- no power


Replacing a fuse Locate your fuse. Most microwave fuses look like the one pictured to the left. They are usually an inch or two long. Each end is metallic and the center is either ceramic or glass.
To get to the fuse, remove the outer cabinet of the unit, which is usually held in place with a few screws. Once the outer cabinet is removed, follow the power cord into the unit. It will take you to the fuse holder, where the fuse sits. The fuse holder is located two or three inches into the unit, and may be attached to a power board.
Decide if your fuse is blown. A blown glass fuse will produce flash burn marks on nearby surfaces, or it will be completely black on the inside. The internal fuse wire (filament) will be melted and blackened. Ceramic fuses give no outward signs of having blown. To determine if a ceramic fuse is blown, test it with an ohmmeter. If the ohmmeter reads zero ohms, your fuse is fine. A reading of infinite ohms means your fuse is blown.
Replace the blown fuse. Pop it out of its holder and snap in a new one. You can squeeze the fuse clips together with your fingers in order to tighten their grip. Replace the unit's outer cabinet, plug it back in, and test to see if it is running properly. DO NOT run the microwave with nothing in it.
NOTE: Fuses do not usually blow on their own. A fuse may blow because of problems with the interlock switches or with high voltage circuitry. It is also possible, though rare, that a power surge will cause a fuse to blow.

Jun 05, 2008 | Amana RCS 10D 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Whirlpool MH6141XK Microwave Oven Logo

62 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Whirlpool Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Chuck

Level 2 Expert

215 Answers

Are you a Whirlpool Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...