My 320U worked on windows 98. I got a refirberished computer with windows 2000 pro. When I installed it with the CD it said your machine has no USB port but it is pluged in. Then when I tried to run it it said check to see if you have drivers T009,T021,T039 - how do I do that?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi This is an old scanner that was designed for Win 2000, ran ( with issues) on XP but a driver for Windows Vista or Windows 7 was never released. I checked the hardware compatibility microsoft site and this scanner is not listed
Perform a system recovery: Does not come with recovery cd's - there is a program that allows you to burn the disks or
1. If in Windows - Start - Programs - Acer empowering technology - Acer E-recovery management -
click on Restore at bottom then "Restore to factory default settings"
2. Or clcik on Burndisks instead of restore
3. Alt/F10 during boot right after Acer splash screen on startup End User Technical Support and Service (USA only) For end user technical support, spare parts and service: 1.800.816.2237
I had to download two different drivers to get my AcerScan320U to work in Win2k (WinXP is easy, as the drivers are included with WinXP). MiraScanv3.42 does not work, but it has good drivers for getting the scanner properly recognized. After that, MiraScanv4.03u10_BQA from Benq will work, and installing it is point and click.
Specify the location of the older (V 3.42) drivers.
Select the file called EPP2K.
Check "Install one of the other drivers".
Select the Benq as shown in the next two images, and then select Next>.
first, try the scanner on another computer to verify the ACER unit. then, if there was Visioneer software installed, then un-install it first. now try on your PC. if still no-go, then go to ACER website and download latest software driver for the scanner and retry.