Question about Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Would not spin. E20 flashed
E20 is not an exact error code. It's indicating a possible pump out problem. Here is a few possible causes of an E20 error code:
1. Restriction in the drain pump
2. Failed pump
3. Water not pumping out fast enough (crimped drain hose)
4. Too many suds ( too much detergent or wrong kind)
5. Pressure switch (not communicating with control board)
6. Loose wire at pressure switch
7. Loose wire at pump or control board
8. Failed control board
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
error code E20 means that the coin trap/drain pump hose needs cleaned out.It can be done by the owner with a friend helping.
1. Unplug the unit.
2. Tilt the unit up to where the front feet are in the air and the back feet are still on the ground. Please make sure the unit is propped up safely.Or you can lay the unit on its back side.
3. Now that the unit is propped up look inside the hole on the bottom of the unit - on the bottom right hand side there is a black looking accordion thing. This is the coin trap.
4. Clean the drum out with as much water as possible and have towels ready. The next step you will have the remaining water come out.
5. At the top of the coin trap where it is attached to the drum is a silver spring with a silver screw. Loosen the screw and wiggle the coin trap down from the drum.
5. Reach inside the coin trap and clean what is inside of it out.
6. Put the unit back together following the same steps backwards
Of course, if your washer is setting on top a drawer/pedestal then you will need to take out the screws that connect the two and then you can lay the washer down on its back onto the pedestal
Posted on Jan 22, 2010
SOURCE: E20 Error Code
Other consumers have reported this error message and found it relates to your "Coin trap assembly" being blocked, therefore not allowing all the water to pump out. The suggestion out there is to remove the front access panel, and remove the clamp that connects this trap assembly to the pump and clean it out.
I hope this helps.
Go Ahead. Use Us.
Posted on Jun 17, 2008
SOURCE: E20 error, but isn't spinning
If you are having a problem with your top load washer then check out this tip...
Washing Machine does not Pump or Spin
If you are having problems with your front load washing machine then checkout this tip...
Front Load Washing Machine not draining and or not spinning
Posted on May 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 10, 2013 | Washing Machines
Feb 16, 2010 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Aug 17, 2009 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Jun 06, 2009 | Zanussi ZWD1470W Front Load Washer / Dryer
May 29, 2009 | 1997 Buick.5 Regal
Jun 17, 2008 | Frigidaire GLTF2940ES Front Load Washer
Feb 29, 2008 | Washing Machines
1,408 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: