Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Received error code 800-105-14. The system won't play my playstation3 is gives me this code at start up
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had a similar problem. My PS3 did not load the disk based games.
Those disk based games were not visible in the game menu. I did not
have problems with the normal movie DVDs or Movie Blu Rays. Those were
working fine. Also downloaded games were working ok.
In case you have the similar problem, you should try the following steps;
The PS3 has a special Recovery Menu, which you can access in the following way;:
1. Turn off Playstation 3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
Select option "Rebuild Database".
After PS3 has executed the DB rebuilding operation, the disc games will be visible again in the menu and are starting automatically when inserted to PS3.
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
it seems that you have fallen victim to the totally not awsum wickedness of what I think is a dirty laser lens. I know that youtube.com has many great vids telling you exactly how to clean your ps3 laser lens and get your system up and running again.
I hope I have helped, let me know how it goes!! thanks
Posted on Jan 05, 2010
SOURCE: ps3 not playing any games
Not to worry.. you have tried the soft reset. Now try the factory or hard reset and it will soon be up and gaming!
Posted on Mar 15, 2008
SOURCE: playstation3 does not play games
hello cherished customer.
my name is eltoyosi.
i understand your sons game is a year old and will not play games again.
there are two ways to solving this problem.
1) make sure there are no dust or liquid spilt on the console.if there is use a soft clean cloth to clean the lens of the console.
2)the lens of the game might be weak and requires replacement.
kindly get to our premium assistance and get more help.
Posted on Jan 25, 2009
You need the laser replaced. We can provide this service. We are a listed repair service on this site.
Posted on May 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 07, 2014 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Feb 09, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jan 07, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Apr 03, 2009 | EA Sports Video Game Consoles & Games
Mar 17, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 3 40GB System
Jan 25, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Nov 26, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Nov 15, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 15, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
972 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!