Question about HP LaserJet 2420dn Printer
MY hp LaserJet2420dn is installed on my office network and worked fine for some time....recently it's begun moving (apparently on it's own) from one IP address to another.
How can I set it for a static IP address so that I can use it?
If your network is assigned by DHCP have a chance after each shut down your printer will take new IP address...you can set up IP address manually from printer menu using buttons on top.
Just print menu map to see where you can find that option.
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 11, 2014 | HP Officejet Pro X576dw Network-Ready...
Feb 01, 2011 | HP LaserJet M1522n MultiFunction Printer
HP says to use the Vista drivers. You have to install it a a local printer follow these steps....
1. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your network. Verify that you can access the printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address before continuing. Print a network config page or make note of the IP address and Name. (should be a static IP)
2. Click >> Start >> Control panel >> Devices and Printers.
3. Click the Add a printer
4. Select Local printer
5. Select Create a new port and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next button.
6. Under Device type, select TCP/IP Device. Under Hostname or IP address, enter the printer's host name (found on the printer's network configuration report the generated above). Click Next.
If you get a message about Additional Port Information Required, then the printer was not found using the host name. You can go back and retry or using the printer's IP address instead of the host name.
7. Select HP or Hewlett-Packard from the list of manufacturers and select and select your printer model. Click Next.
If your printer model was not listed, then select Have Disk, browse the HP CD that came with your printer and select the first file that starts with hp and ends with inf.or use currently installed driver if you have teh correct on installed. Click Open then OK. Select your printer model. Click Next.
8. It will ask for the Printer name -- enter a new name or use the existing one. This will be the name of the printer that you select from other applications.
9. You may be asked to share the printer. Make a choice and click Next.
10. The Print Test Page box appears. Go ahead and print it.
11. Click Finish.
Dec 19, 2010 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
Aug 04, 2010 | HP LaserJet CM1312 All-In-One Printer
Jun 26, 2009 | Microsoft Broadband Networking MN-520...
May 28, 2009 | HP LaserJet P2015dn Printer
Mar 31, 2009 | Brother MFC 7840W Printer
Mar 27, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer
Feb 26, 2008 | HP LaserJet 9040n Printer
Apr 26, 2007 | HP DesignJet 750c plus InkJet Printer
222 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!