- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is called a Vchip and the only way unlocking those is with repair. $75 bucks respectivly to reset a vchip. This is not something you can but a defualt code into so do not be fooled by anyone that tells you otherwise. I seen allot of people on fixya that had this same issue and resulted in using the RCA inouts so the vchip does not block you. /So the fix here is two fold.
2. use the inputs with a cable box and you will be fine.
Most Tube tv's like this do not have a digital tuner anyhow so there is really no need all you need to do is by a OTA over the air digital tuner about $60 bucks or subsicribe to cable and hook this up to its inputs.
Thanks please do consider that you got this solution for free when you a rating me today. Please also leave feedback if you will, Thanks
I did solve the problem, I ended up trying the codes for a tv by the same manufacturer; in my case I have an ILO tv, so I used the codes for the Funai tv... I little to easy, should have thought of it sooner!!
1. Hit the Menu button on the TV.
2. 'INPUT SECRET No.' should appear.
3. Press and hold both VOL (+) and CH DOWN on the TV set simultaneously until the message 'INPUT SECRET No.' disappears.
4. The vchip settings should be disabled now and the Parental controls menu should be presented, 'disable' Status if need be
Turn the set on, hook the cable directly to the TV, take the remote control and press 1 - 1 and if the TV tunes in channel 11 then your set is fine. If the TV was autoprogrammed when hooked to a cable box then the only channels that will be stored in memory are 3, maybe 4 and AUX. To correct this simply go back into the menu and look for the "autoprogram" option and perform the autoprogram while the cable is directly connected to the TV, without a cable box.