Hi, guys. Here I worked out comprehensive Nokia tutorial with my lovelyNokia 5800. You will find all the most commonly asked questions forNokia 5800.Review of My Nokia 5800
I got one 5800 last month and then I was deeply fascinated by thissmart phone. It is the first Nokia touch screen phone and you may useyour finger or stylus to operate it. Also Nokia 5800 XpressMusicprovides wonderful devices for users to enjoy music. Taking advantageof touch screen technology, the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic introduces the‘Media Bar’, a handy drop down menu that provides direct access tomusic and entertainment, including favourite tracks, videos and photos.The Nokia 5800 XpressMusic offers all the music essentials, including agraphic equalizer, 8GB memory for up to 6000 tracks, a 3.5mm jack,support for main digital video formats 3GP，H.264/AVC，MPEG4, RM.andaudio formats MP3, AAC, WMA, WMV. Built-in surround sound stereospeakers offer the industry’s most powerful sound. So it is reallywonderful experience of enjoy music and movies with Nokia 5800XpressMusic.How to update the firmware of Nokia 5800 to v21
It is good news that firmware update for Nokia 5800 was releasedalready. New firmware v.21 is available. If you also own a 5800, justfollow the simple instruction to update your v20 or v10 to the newestv21.
Make sure that your battery is full (VERY IMPORTANT)
1. Go to Dial screen and press *#0000#
2. Press Options -> Check for updates
3. Connect to the Internet with any APN (WiFi is recommended,however EDGE is fast enough for this). 4. Wait until the downloadfinished. Phone will launch the dialog asking for update, just pressNow. 5. Press Accept and Accept and the phone will be switched toUpdating mode.
6. It takes around 10 minutes to update, so be patient. After that, the phone will be rebooted automatically.
7. Check by *#0000# again. Congrats! Your 5800 is now v21!
As I can see, there are so many improvements and worth to updatefor example, better camera functionality and the phone operates fasterthan previous version.Best Settings for Video Playback on Nokia 5800 Xpress Music
Nokia 5800 as the multimedia phones makes you able to enjoywatching the video and music with it. The question is, how’s to do toconvert that videos and what are the best setting used for. I haveconvert many videos into my phone, I found that most video files canplay with this phone such as mp4, 3gp, rmvb and flv files. But of themplays well but some are not. After many tries, I finally got the bestresults for Nokia video files. My video in 5800 was full screen, highquality and sounds very well. Here are my settings:
Video Resolution: 480*320
Video Bitrate: 768 kbps
Audio Bitrate: 128 kbps
Video Format: MPEG-4 (be sure not to use H264, as it’s not supported in the current firmware)
Audio Format: MP3
Audio Channels: 2 Channels
You can apply these settings above in whatever application you usedwhen converting videos into 5800. Then I am sure you will get fullscreen, high quality and flawless video in your phone.How to transfer video files into Nokia 5800
I have download some videos from video website such as Youtube,Google video. But I can’t watch these videos in my phone. As thesevideos were flv files, Nokia 5800 can’t play such videos. I useInternet Tablet Video Converter to convert it, but it shows“Unsupported Video File Type”. Then I got to know "Daniusoft VideoConverter" that seems professional for Nokia phone, I free download itstrial version and tried it, and it works very well. Below are what Ido:
Download this program from its official website: http://www.daniusoft.com/video-converter.html#135
and install it. Click Add button to add video files from yourcomputer, set your videos according to the above settings and selectNokia 5800 Video MPEG-4 format for your video. Then just click convertbutton to start the conversion. After the conversion complete, you maywatch these videos with Nokia 5800.
Also you may get music from video in this way. But pay attentionto the format. As Nokia 5800 support mp3 audio format, you shouldselect “MP3 – MPEG Layer-3 Audio (*.mp3)”.
How to convert DVD files into Nokia 5800
Obviously phones don’t have DVD drives, so to watch DVD on a phoneyou have to convert it into a video file on your PC then drag it intoyour phone. I also follow the above settings and convert DVD files intoMPEG-4 video with "Daniusoft DVD Ripper software". the results areexcellent. You may free download its trial version to try to use it toconvert DVD：http://www.daniusoft.com/dvd-ripper.html
After insert your DVD into the DVD Drive click the Open DVD buttonto upload DVD files on to this program. Click Settings button to setyour videos according to the above settings I listed. Click Profiledrop list to select “Nokia 5800 Video MPEG-4 (*.mp4)” format for yourNokia video. Then click Convert button to start the conversion. In fewminutes the whole process will completed.
If you select audio format “MP3 – MPEG Layer-3 Audio (*.mp3)” you may also get music from DVD. To transfer files into Nokia 5800
In the above tutorial I have explain you how to convert Nokiavideos from DVD and other video files. Then you need to transfer thesevideos into your phone.
1. Make sure your computer and phone are both switched on. Also make sure your 5800 have a memory card in its slot.
2. Plug the small end of the microUSB cable into the phone’s USB socket, which s under a plastic flap in the top left corner.
3. Plug the larger end of the microUSB cable into a USB port on your computer.
4. On your 5800 it should ask which mode you wish to use. Choose “Mass Storage”.
5. Open the memory card window (probably called “Removable Disk E:”), drag your video files into the video folder.
6. After finished transfer files, do not disconnect the cable yet.You should make it safe to disconnect the cable. You may do this byclick a small icon in the bottom right corner of the screen thatappears when the phone is connected.
7. After you have made the device safe to remove, you can unplug the cable at both ends.Some useful tips to make the Nokia 5800’s battery last as long as possible
Sometimes you may have to stop talking with your friend or watchingvideos with your phone as low power of your battery. It is moreinconvenient if you are in travel and have no alternative battery. Hereare some tips to make your phone battery last as long as possible whenusing telephone.
Do not switch the phone off. As switching a phone on uses far more battery power than simply leaving the phone on.
Shut down unnecessary applications.
Turn down the 5800’s screen brightness to the lowest acceptable level.
Switch off your 5800’s screen when not in use.
Use headphones instead of speakers when listening to music or watching movies.
Avoid using the camera flash unnecessarily.
Use 2G instead of 3G.
Switch off Bluetooth and/or Wi-Fi.’
Ok, I have typed out all my thoughts about Nokia 5800 here. Hope mytutorial is helpful to you. And all the other Nokia 5800 tutorials anduseful how-to information should come here! It is welcome