My Sansa m250 is installed as USB Mass Storage Device, without a name and has an error "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". Bottom line, it cannot be used. I tried reinstalling it's driver using the "Select" option and it did not help.
It has nothing to do with the drivers. In fact, this player doesn't even need a driver, it should be recognized by the system as an usb stick. The only solution I could find for mine was to force it into USB 1.1 mode. Go to Settings/USB and set it to MSC instead of Autodetect. Good luck !
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
ok go to my music on the start menu then you should have all your music there just copy and paste to mp3 or mp4 u can do this by going to my computer and see the name of mp3 or it will say under local hadrive mass storage ddevice if you need any more help contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org good luck!!
1. Open the start menu and right click on My Computer
2. Click on properties
3. Locate and click on the "Hardware" Tab of the system properties window that pops up
4. Find the button that says "Device Manager"
5. When you do this, another window will pop up with a list of
all of the hardware installed inside of your computer, you should see
the Sansa Express somewhere in this list with the yellow exclamation
6. Right-Click on the Sansa Express and click on "Update Driver"
7. When the next window opens up, instead of allowing it to
search automatically, click on "Install from a list or a specific
location (Advanced)" and click next
8. On the next window, click on the last option "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install" and click next
9. When I did this, it had two options listed. MTP Device and
USB Mass Storage Device. If you see these options highlight the USB
Mass Storage Device and click next. It should install Immediately!!
I sincerely hope this helps anyone, I searched and searched on
line for an answer, and I couldn't come up with anything. I fiddled
around with it for a long time.