Question about Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
"F21" (AKA SD) is a Long (SLOW) Drain error (LD). If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes this error code will be displayed. In addition, a "SUDS" error may also be displayed. This may be an indication of a drain pump problem and/or clog in the drain line. You will need to check the following:
1.First, attempt to unplug the washer for at LEAST 30 minutes to reset the Central Control Unit (CCU). Sometimes this is all that is required to correct momentary glitches with the unit. If the error code returns, proceed to step 2.
2.Check the drain hose to make sure it is not kinked or clogged.
3.Check the electrical connections to the pump and ensure the pump is running.
4.Remove the drain pump filter and check for foreign objects and/or debris.
To check the drain pump...
If you experience a problem where the washer does not drain properly or the drain pump makes excessive noise, here's the information you need to check the drain pump:
Symptom: PUMP IS RUNNING, BUT NOT DRAINING PROPERLY.
1. Unplug the washer while servicing inside the unit.
2. Remove the Cabinet....
Disconnect your Kenmore Oasis washing machine from its power source. Make sure that your washer is unplugged before beginning to disassemble it.
Remove the screws that hold the control console to the top of your Oasis washer. In some Kenmore Oasis models, the two screws may be covered by plastic end caps. After removing the screws, set them aside until you are ready to replace them.
Flip the console up, back and out of the way.
Locate the cabinet clips on the top of your Kenmore Oasis washer. These clips are located toward the back of the washer top and would be hidden by the console if it were not currently flipped up.
Slide your screwdriver underneath the metal cabinet clips. Wiggle the screwdriver back and forth to gently pry the cabinet clips free.
Disconnect the group of colored wires that plug into the top of the washer from the control console. These wires control the lid switch on your Kenmore washing machine. To disconnect, grasp the white plastic clip and pull gently.
Remove the washing machine cabinet. Tilt the cabinet towards you, and then lift the entire cabinet up and off of its platform.
3. Locate the drain pump. It will be located directly under the wash tub (it is the only pump this washer has).
4. There is an access removal cover on the pump that can be removed to clean out the trap. BEFORE doing this, it is strongly recommended that you remove all residual water from the wash tub & drain line or you will have about a gallon or so inside your washer and on the floor to clean up.
5. Here's a helpful way of quickly removing the residual water. If you own a wet/dry shop vac, remove the drain hose from the standpipe at the wall and pull a vacuum with the shop vac. This will empty the wash tub, pump and drain lines. If you don't own a shop vac, grab a bunch of old towels and open the access on the pump slowly so that it comes out at a trickle. Allow the towels to soak up the majority of the water. Close the access and stop the water if you need to get additional towels.
6. Open the pump access and remove once you have all the water drained. Check the drain pump for foreign objects and debris. Check the pump impeller and make sure there's nothing caught in it. Items as small as toothpicks or cotton swabs have been known to stop this pump from working.
7. Clean out the pump thoroughly and reinstall the access cover. Make sure the cover is snug, but do not over tighten.
8. Place the drain hose back in the standpipe (IMPORTANT - DO NOT FORGET!).
9. With the bottom panel still off, plug the washer back in and select the following on the operator console - DRAIN SPIN, NO SPIN, and then press any button under OPTIONS 4 times (it must be the same button). "C00" will show on the console display as the washer begins diagnostics mode.
10. Check the drain pump for leaks as the washer fills. The pump is gravity filled and will hold water even it is not pumping. Allow washer to run through diagnostics until it begins the wash tub tumble cycle.
11. At this point, you can stop the diagnostics procedure by pressing PAUSE/CANCEL 2 times. The drain pump energizes and the washer will begin to drain.
12. If the drain pump works normal and there are no leaks detected, reinstall the bottom panel and tighten screws.
NOTE: It is normal to have residual water left inside the wash tub under the wash basket. This is why it is important to leave the door ajar when not in use so this water does not become sour.
If the above procedures do not correct the problem, it is recommended by the manufacturer to replace the drain pump.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 23, 2010
On the Kenmore Elite Oasis He top-loading washer model #110.2806, to clear the drain pump of foreign objects:
1. Unplug the washer and disconnect the water lines and drain hose.
2. Remove the back panel from the washer. There is no need to remove the control panel or machine cabinet on this model.
3. Once the back panel is removed you will see the drain pump on the lower left under the tub. (This model has a circulating pump on the lower right. You check it the same way)
4. There are 3 screws that hold the pump in place. It may help to have the washer tilted forward just enough to give easy access to the screws. Remove the screws, loosen the clamps on the hose, and remove the pump. (Be prepared for a little water to spill out)
5. Clear the pump of any foreign object and reassemble in the reverse order .
I just did this with my own washer. There was a penny in the drain pump that was making a lot of noise. The coin was visibly "gnawed" around the edges. The whole process took less than 30 minutes, and now the washer is rattle free!
Posted on Jul 14, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2016 | Washing Machines
Hello & Welcome to FixYa
Ld means long drain and is displayed when it takes longer than 5
minutes to pump out the water to a point where the pressure switch resets. To
solve this problem make sure that the drain filter pump assembly located inside
the bottom front panel is clean and after cleaning if the error returns then
the pressure switch needs to be tested and if bad then it needs replacement.
Please get back to me if you have any other questions.
Nov 02, 2011 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Aug 28, 2011 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Apr 10, 2010 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Jan 27, 2010 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Jun 30, 2009 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
3,037 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: