Question about Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
There are a number of posible reasons for this.
1) The email could have contained a virus which has stopped your computer from running correctly.
2) Your computer cannot download the pictures because the files are too large. Outlook may appear to jam but you may need to give it time for the pictures to download.
3) Your antivirus software may be stopping the email fro being downloaded.
Do you know who sent the photos?
Are they from a trusted source?
If the files are very large you will need to wait for Outlook Express to download them. Depending on your connection speed and server this may take some time, so be patient.
Do you have access to your email via a web address? Some people use this when they are away from home and want to receive their email. If you can access your email via a web address, I would suggest that you delete this particular email.
Posted on Mar 24, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 13, 2011 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
"Scan to email" feature is dependent upon the TWAIN and MAPI supported applications. TWAIN and MAPI (Message Application Programming Interface) are standards that relate to "Scanning" and "Scan to email" features respectively. Applications have to support these to make use of HP Director. Not all email accounts are MAPI supported applications. The following are the ones which satisfy the MAPI criteria.
Microsoft Outlook Express 6
Microsoft Outlook Express 5
Microsoft Outlook Express 4
Microsoft Outlook 2000
Microsoft Outlook 98
Microsoft Outlook 97
AOL E-mail Version 8
AOL E-mail Version 5
AOL E-mail Version 4
If you are not using any of the above email accounts, you need to configure your email account with Microsoft Outlook/Outlook Express to use this feature. After configuring, you can use the scan to Email feature by perfroming the following steps.
1. Open HP Director/ HP Solution Center.
2. Click Settings -->> Scan Settings & Preferences --->> Scan to... Setup.
3. Select the available destinations and add them to the front panel destinations.
4. While scanning, you will receive a window showing the scan details which contains the section "Where do you want to scan?". Select "Email".
Dec 28, 2010 | HP PSC 1350 All-In-One Thermal Printer
Dec 22, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 02, 2010 | Microsoft Outlook Express
Apr 10, 2009 | Microsoft Outlook Express
Mar 21, 2009 | Microsoft Outlook Express
Jan 09, 2009 | Yahoo Mail
Sep 04, 2008 | DBX -215 Home Equalizer
Feb 11, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jan 04, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders
107 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: