Question about Dell 2130cn Laser Printer
I have a constant 'paper jam' message appearing everytime I print but there is no paper jammed. It seems to be struggling to pull the paper through the printer from the tray. Any suggestions?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Paper jams can be real or false. The all-in-one may report a paper jam when there is not any jammed paper, however, the solution to a real paper jam or a false paper jam is the same. Up-grading the printer firmware could also fix this kind of issue, however I would appreciate if you try the steps below before you up-grade the printer firmware.
To fix the paper Jam errors please try the following steps:
1. Confirm that no foreign materials are inside the machine.
2. Confirm that usable paper is set.
3. Confirm that the paper is set properly.
4. Confirm that recommended paper is used, and the number of sheets set does not exceed the required limit.
5. Disconnect the printer power cord as well as the printer cable form the printer.
6. Turn the printer upside down and shake the printer in order to remove any obstacle which is stuck inside the printer causing the paper jam error.
Open the printer cover and remove the cartridges and check carefully if there is any small piece of paper which is stuck inside, if so carefully remove it.
7. Disconnect the printer power cord and press and hold the power button on the printer for about 15 to 20 seconds( this will release the flee power) and reconnect the printer and check.
If the above mentioned steps do not fix the issue please up-grade the printer firmware form the Support.dell.com web site. However make sure that you do not turn off either your printer or computer when you are downloading and installing the printer firmware.
Alternately you can also try to download the and install the printer drives form the support site if the paper jam message is being displayed on the computer’s screen but not on the printer’s LCD screen.
Should you require any further assistance regarding the printer or even any other computer related issue please feel free to contact me I will be more than glad to assist you.
Posted on Jan 31, 2008
give this a try
Load a piece of thick paper, for example photo paper and press the resume button (may be diffrent button on diffrent models) a few times to the printer picks up the paper and puts it through the machine.
Posted on Jun 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 21, 2014 | D-Link D LINK DELL B1260DN MONO LASER...
Mar 16, 2013 | Epson ME OFFICE 900WD MULTIFUNCTION INKJET...
Nov 27, 2012 | Dell 3115CN
Apr 25, 2011 | Dell 3130cn Color Laser Printer
Dec 03, 2010 | Dell 2135cn All-In-One Laser Printer
Dec 02, 2009 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
Nov 26, 2009 | Dell 3110cn Laser Printer
Nov 07, 2008 | Copystar CS-1815 Printer
678 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: