Question about Craftsman Garden
How do i change a damaged fuel line with the filter in the fuel tank
Most have a plastic retainer (looks like a washer) holding the line up against the outside of the tank. Use a screwdriver to pry it off. Cut the line off and push it through the tank. Use needle nose plyers to remove the filter from the tank. Lubricate the new line with a little alcohol and push it from the outside of the tank to the inside. Grab the inside with needle nose plyers and pull on it. Put a new filter on then pull it back from the outside until it is snug against the tank. Put the retainer back on while pulling on the line to keep it snug against the tank.
Posted on Apr 28, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 27, 2015 | 1988 Dodge Caravan
Nov 23, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 07, 2013 | Garden
Jan 08, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 10, 2017 | Oldsmobile Aurora Cars & Trucks
2002 Dodge Caravan
Fuel Filter Replacement Procedure
1. The fuel filter is located on top of the fuel tank near the fuel pump module. Fuel lines are permanently attached to filter assembly and must be replaced with the fuel filter.
2. Release pressure from fuel system by removing the fuel pump relay and start the engine and let it die. Crank the engine a couple times after it dies to relieve more of the fuel pressure
3. Disconnect negative battery cable
4. Raise and support vehicle
5. Support fuel tank with transmission jack or floor jack with large plywood board to evenly distribute the weight of the fuel tank. NOTE: It is important to distribute weight evenly to prevent damage to the fuel pump module.
6. Disconnect ground strap from fuel tank
7. Remove inboard fuel tank straps and front "T" strap fastener
8. Lower the fuel tank approximately 6 inches to access the fuel filter assembly.
9. Disconnect the fuel lines at the fuel supply connector and the fuel pump module
10. Remove the retaining bolt and remove filter assembly from vehicle.
11. Reverse removal procedure to install (Don't forget to put the fuel pump relay back )
Apr 02, 2011 | 2002 Dodge Caravan
Jan 15, 2011 | Husqvarna , No.455 Rancher, 20" Gas -...
Sep 14, 2010 | 2003 Suzuki VS 800 Intruder
Jan 17, 2009 | 1998 Dodge Caravan
Aug 08, 2008 | 1995 Toyota Tacoma
161 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: