Question about Computers & Internet
The setup page for a LinkSys Router is normally accessed using a browser addressed to 192.168.1.1. If for some reason "Page can not be displayed or Connection has timed out" shows up, perhaps the reason is that the PC is not on the same network as that of the router.
A couple of things you can try:
1. Run the PC to the router using LAN cable and not WiFi;
2. In your Network Connections (Control Panel), right click on your Local Area Connection, click on Properties, highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click on the Properties button.
3. In the next pop-up window, tick "Use the following IP address". IP address - 192.168.1.2, Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0 and Default gateway - 192.168.1.1, OK, OK.
4. Make sure to check "Show icon notification..."
5. In the Networking icon in the System Tray, right click and click on Repair.
6. Try your browser now on 192.168.1.1.
If your concern has not been corrected after completion of the above procedures, possibilities are:
i. your PC's LAN card is at fault (hardware or drivers);
ii. the LAN cable would require replacement;
iii. the LinkSys router is at fault.
A sure way to verify network connectivity between router and LAN card/PC is when properly connected, the router's led display for that particular Ethernet port will light up and/or blink.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Mar 24, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 02, 2010 | RCA Thomson Digital Cable Modem (DCM305R)
Feb 18, 2010 | Linksys Cable Modem
Aug 28, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 11, 2009 | RCA DCM425 DIGITAL CABLE MODEM (RCADCM425)
Apr 10, 2009 | Westell Wirespeed LiteLine 6110 Modem
Feb 27, 2009 | Linksys EtherFast Cable Modem with USB and...
Feb 25, 2009 | Linksys Befcmu10 Cable Modem W/usb & E-net...
Jan 03, 2009 | Siemens SpeedStream Modem (4100) (SS4100)
Nov 16, 2007 | Computers & Internet
318 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!