Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Morning Peeps A hole has blown on the inside screen of the door can I replace the door or screen Thanks

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Habit-Forming:

    Visited the website for 3 consecutive days.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 193 Answers

You can but use caution because if it is fitted wrong it can leak radio waves

Posted on Apr 27, 2010

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

My daughter's GE Model JVM2070SK02 failed to shut off this morning which ignited a muffin that was in the microwave. She stated that she had been having problems with it that that required unplugging the...


It sounds like a cook relay stuck closed and this is why it continued to cook. When the door was opened it should have blown the monitor fuse (which is how it is designed to for safety) so that it cannot cook when the door is open. Or, a cavity temp fuse was blown due to the fire inside. Also a safety feature.

Oct 08, 2013 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...

1 Answer

On the inside of the door of my microwave front window is an adhesive plastic covering that if you pull it off there is a black mesh screen exposed. is that clear sheet suppose to be removed.


The metal mesh is a filter screen to keep the microwaves in the oven while letting you see the food. The plastic sheet that's peeling off is meant to keep that screen clean. It's not supposed to be removed, since then food can get into the holes in the screen. A buildup of foods can lead to overheating and burn the paint and possibly damage the door. It should be replaced.

The part number is WB36X10068. A Google search turned up several sources. Here's one, but there are others. The new sheet has the adhesive applied, you just peel off the protective film and stick it in place. Clean the door inner surface first so the new sheet will stick firmly.

Good luck with the repair, and thanks for using Fixya!

Oct 17, 2010 | Hotpoint RVM1435 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Power to back of oven going in and out of the oven but nothing happening not even the clock is coming on. please help.


Hi


Thanks for using FixYa. When microwave oven doesn't work at all, it means interior fuse inside the microwave has blown (usually a part inside the microwave makes this fuse blow). Sometimes a bad fuse holder inside the microwave cannot hold the fuse tight enough and the fuse will blow as well. If the fuse isn't the problem, check the door hooks and the door-release button. When these are broken, the door switch doesn't activate, so the oven can't work. It can also be due to a stuck or faulty door switch which might have blown the interior microwave fuse.


Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or else revert for further assistance.


Thanks
Rylee

Feb 13, 2010 | Belling Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

No power to microwave


Hi

When your microwave oven doesn't work at all, it means interior fuse inside the microwave has blown (usually a part inside the microwave makes this fuse blow). Sometimes a bad fuse holder inside the microwave cannot hold the fuse tight enough and the fuse will blow as well. If the fuse isn't the problem, check the door hooks and the door-release button. When these are broken, the door switch doesn't activate, so the oven can't work. It can also be due to a stuck or faulty door switch which might have blown the interior microwave fuse.

Please do rate the solution and revert for further assistance.


Thanks
Rylee

Sep 14, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave was working fine but just stopped this morning. Is there a way that I can replace the high voltage fuse? Is it located in the panel inside the microwave?


You have not mentioned the make and model. Any way you can check the AC fuse on the power board inside the oven. If it is blown off you can replace it by a similar one, around 10amps fuse.

May 16, 2009 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...

1 Answer

Panasonic NNA554W blows 10a fuse when microwave comes on


Possibly the interlock monitor switch is bad or out of adjustment. This switch is designed to create a short circuit across the power line (and then blow the fuse) if you attempt to defeat the door interlock and operate the oven with the door open. A shorted capacitor or diode could also cause the fuse to blow. Because of lethal voltages inside and the possibility of microwave leakage if repairs aren't done correctly, you are best off leaving microwave service to professionals.

May 15, 2009 | Panasonic NN-SN657SMicrowave Oven

1 Answer

The mesh screen on the inside door has a hole in it..


would suggest replacing door for safety purposes only," it could be fine as far as resisting waves",but never sure for how long or if it realy is. An old saying makes sense," Better safe than sorry".

Apr 26, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

3 Answers

Door latch and Screen


This is because of the broken latch. There are switches inside the oven that are operated by the door latches to make sure you're not trying to use the oven with the door open. With the new door, your oven should be back to normal.

Feb 06, 2009 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

No one at Delonghi will help, nor will Argos where product was bought. I just want to know if my microwave is safe (bought in May 2006) - the inside of the door (looks like a plastic covering) is bubbling...


There is a fine metal mesh / screen inside the door assembly.

If any of the holes in that screen are damaged or enlarged, then leakage is possible.

If the bubbling / deformity in the door keeps it from shutting fully and flatly, then leakage is possible.

If the bubbling / deformity in the door allows moisture to collect on or near the screen, it may lead to rust, which can damage the screen and lead to leakage.

Please feel free to contact me directly (especially if you include a few photos of the door) if you need more help.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

William E. Miller, AS-EET
prototech@usa.net
http://www.microwavedisplay.com

Apr 21, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Hole in plastic on inside of door


check the conductivity of the plastic with an ohmmeter by placing the probes an inch apart on the plastic surface. If the resistance is large or infinity, the plastic probably performs no role in stopping the microwave radiation. If so, any epoxy probably can be used to close the hole safely. Make sure you don't use too much and if possible place tape over the repair and orient the microwave so the epoxy presses against the tape while drying to prevent it from oozing into any door hinge/close mechanism. Otherwise, a piece of microwave door glass from a broken unit can ge glued over the hole and should stop the radiation. You can check for leakage with test units but be very carefuly anyway.

Nov 30, 2007 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

26 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75117 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5060 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...