I AM UNABLE TO USE IMAGE STUDIO APPLICATION. WHEN I TRY TO OPEN IT I GET MESSAGE "PRINTING APPLICATION HAS ECOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND HAD TO CLOSE". MY PRINTER IS LEXMARK X4550 HAS ANYONE ANY IDEA WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?.YOUR HELP WUOLD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. DAVE
I had the same problem.This worked for me. Insert the disk When the install window appears click cancel click Start>My Computer> Right click on the drive with the disk in, and Open Open Applications (left double click) Open LaunchPad (left double click) Double click the icon LXCRlpx Go back to Applications and double click on Set Up (the disc icon) from there and then follow the install instructions. This worked for me, I hope it does for you.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please follow the steps given below to add applications to Imaging studio:
1. Open the Imaging Studio and then click "scan," after the scanned document appears as a preview.
2. Click "Other Software" at the bottom.
3. That will open up the list of application list, to modify the application list, click on "Modify Application List".
4. Please add the application you want to scan and click on "Close."
I have a Lexmark 2500 and was also unable to download the Imaging Studio. I was able to fix it by inserting the CD but not allowing the computer to install it. I went to my computer and right clicked on the CD and opened the files on the CD. I clicked on the Applications File Folder and opened it. There is a Setup/Setup Launcher that has a pic of a CD and shield next to it. I clicked on that and installed the Imaging Studio. Although it did not say Imaging Studio that is what installed! I never had to uninstall the printer only download that application. I'm so happy to have it working!! I have installed it on 3 computers! I hope this works for you!
on your computer:
click on start
all programs / programs
check for the lexmark folder ( lexmark 5400 Series )
check if there is any application under it ( AIOC , Productivity Studio, or Imaging Studio )
If there is:
check your firewall, this might be blocking the application list.
If there's none:
Using the disc:
My Computer / Computer
Open your CD/DVD drive where the lexmark disc is
Open application folder
Run Setup under application folder.
This should update the software
The easiest way to scan to computer is to use the Lexmark Imaging
studio Application. This should have been installed at the same time as
the driver software.
In the Imaging studio you have several options. Select SCAN and follow
the prompts. For example to scan a photo select SCAN. On the next page
select -send scanned image to: Lexmark Photo Editor. Below that it will
say "what is Being scanned" select the appropriate button and click the
"scan now" button.You can also use the - send scanned image to: - drop
down box to send the image directly to another application such as
WORD, PAINT, clipboard, file or fax. If you have any problems that are
more specific contact me or another tech on the chat line for help.
The easiest way to scan to computer is to use the Lexmark Imaging studio Application. This should have been installed at the same time as the driver software. In the Imaging studio you have several options. Select SCAN and follow the prompts. For example to scan a photo select SCAN. On the next page select -send scanned image to: Lexmark Photo Editor. Below that it will say "what is Beig scanned" select the appropriate button and click the "scan now" button.You can also use the - send scanned image to: - drop down box to send the image directly to another application such as WORD, PAINT, clipboard, file or fax. If you have any problems that are more specific contact me or another tech on the chat line for help.
Every time I try to run the scanner or open the imaging studio I either get a App4r.exe or Device Monitor application problem error message
--> Have the same problem?
Have the same problem? Click Here X
This Problem has been added to the Share Your Expertise Page under "My Work Queue".
I'm getting around the problem by using Windows or Nero print options to get the photo as near to the size I need. It would be good if I could print photo's from Photo studio though much simpler and less time consuming.
Problem: Lexmark cannot retrieve applications list
I have the Lexmark X3550 with the WiFi option board installed (makes it same as the model X4550) and get the “cannot retrieve applications list” message on one of the five computers connected to my router (Linlsys WRT54G V8) and using wireless printing and scanning. Just like everyone else with a similar Lexmark WiFi printer/scanner, I can print wireless, but cannot get the wireless scanner to work on one of my PCs.
The fix, in my case, was to change the Lexmark network name as follows.
1. Launch Lexmark Imaging Studio.
2. Right-Click on “View or change network settings”.
3. Enter a new network name in the first box shown. (This box contained the correct network name for my PC, but another name was needed to make the scanner work. I simply added “-lex” at the end of the current network name.)
4. Right-Click OK. You should return to the Imaging Studio screen.
5. Close the Lexmark Imaging Studio window. (The tray icon should remain at the screen lower right.)
6. On the printer, press the Scan Mode button.
7. On the printer’s display screen, select the Computer Name that you entered for the new network name. Just use the arrow buttons until the exact name is shown.
8. Press the Check button.The display screen should show “Downloading Applications List”. Within about 10 seconds the message should change to “ *Scan to Computer ”. Wireless scanning should now work.
9.. Press the Start Color or Start Black button.“Requesting Scan” will be shown. After a few seconds scanning will start. The process is a bit slow.
10. After a while you may see an empty small Lexmark window onscreen. Later, the Lexmark Imaging Studio will appear onscreen, then change to show many options and features. An image of the scanned item will appear in a Lexmark window. Save and/or edit the image. Another scan can be done by pressing the printer’s Check button again. Be sure the correct computer name is shown on the printer’s display.
That’s it. A new computer name was the solution. Your PC and printer may require a restart (power off) after changing the “computer name”.
If the Lexmark software doesn't work you could just try using other software. Picasa http://picasa.google.com is a free photo management software and does a great job of printing photos.
You can scan from an application like Word or using the "Get Picture using Scanner Wizard" menu that shows up when you right click the Scanner in My Computer in Windows.