Question about Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition
You must go to setting your email account and coice what do you want in there, remove check restore my email old.good luck
Posted on Apr 27, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2015 | hotmail.com
Jan 19, 2014 | Microsoft Office Outlook 2007: Windows
Aug 13, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jan 25, 2013 | hotmail.com
Please verify if you have renamed/upgraded your account to Outlook.com. If yes, please be informed thatyou are only upgrading the user interface of Hotmail to the new user interface; hence all your emails should still stay in your Inbox. There could be many reasons why emails could be lost after renaming:
1. Due to inactivity in account:
• If your emails were over 365 days old, you may have lost them due to inactivity in the account even before you renamed the account. If you had Self-recovery of emails turned on in your account before renamed, you can try to recover some of the deleted messages yourself, please refer: Deleted email messages.
2. You got another option to save your Hotmail emails differently when renaming your account to @Outlook.com account:
• If you chose to rename your account to @Outlook.com, a prompt would have asked you - 'Where do you want to save your emails?' You will have the option to create a new folder for your old account or save the emails in the Inbox of your renamed account. If you chose to create a new folder, the default name of the folder will be the name of your old account and the folder will appear in the left pane under 'Folders'. And all your old emails will be stored in this folder.
3. Your account was hacked even before you renamed your account:
• A hacker had already deleted emails in their account before you renamed the account.
Jan 18, 2013 | Google Gmail
Erase Email Addresses in My Computer
Email addresses can be stored on a computer if you use email software, such as Microsoft Office Outlook and Yahoo Messenger Beta.
Deleting email addresses manually from these programs does not actually completely erase them from your computer.
To erase email addresses permanently, meaning that a hard drive recovery program will not be able to restore them if it is used, requires a process called formatting, which completely erases the information on a hard drive.
Click on the shortcut "My Computer," which you can locate on your desktop.
Right click "Local Disk (C:)" and select the "Format" option.
Change the "Allocation Size Unit" to "Default Allocation Size."
Click the "Start" button.
The email addresses, as well as the rest of the files on the hard drive, will now be erased.
Delete a Live Mail Email Address
Windows Live Mail is a part of the Windows Live suite of productivity and entertainment programs, and it is intended to be the new free email client for Windows beginning with Windows 7.
After trying Windows Live Mail, you may decide that you have added too many email addresses and that you would prefer to use the email client to check only one address.
Remove an email address from Windows Live Mail to reduce the clutter in your email inbox.
Launch Windows Live Mail, and browse to the "Tools" menu at the top of the screen.
Click the email account that you would like to delete.
Click the "Remove" button.
A message will appear to remind you that any messages belonging to the email account that are not backed up in another location will be deleted permanently.
Click "OK" to confirm.
The account will be deleted immediately.
Click "Close" to return to Windows Live Mail.
Delete Hotmail Adresses
Log in to your hotmail account and click "Help."
Search for "Cancel Account" and select "Why are all my email messages gone?"
Expand the option that says "Close a free Hotmail account" and click "Windows Live Hotmail close account."
Click "Close Account" on the page that opens.
If you do not sign in to your account for 365 days, your account will also be deleted.
Hope this helps.
Nov 26, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Feb 25, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Dec 18, 2010 | Yahoo Mail
May 04, 2010 | Yahoo Mail
201 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!