Question about HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I have an HP Photosmart C5180. I just got the yellow ink refilled and now it's saying that it appears to be missing or damaged. What can I do to fix it?
I figured out the problem with my printer. If none of your ink cartridges are detected (missing) then follow the install steps below.
1. Turn on printer
2. After printer declares cartridges missing open the printer and remove the cartridges (advise putting a piece of paper under the cartridges to catch any ink that spills).
3. Turn off the printer (keep the top of the printer open)
4. Turn on the printer (still with the top of the printer open)
5. After the printer declares the cartridges missing again install the cartridges (while the printer is powered on). Close the top of the printer.
6. The printer should begin to cycle the ink into the printer and back out to the ink reservoirs.
7. After the ink cycle the printer should display genuine ink cartridges are installed
8. Make sure paper is in the tray so the printer can perform an alignment.
9. Everything should be ok after that.
Posted on Oct 09, 2014
Most times it just need a good clean ,take out and clean the brass conextions.
All the best Pineworks
Posted on Apr 27, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 15, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 10, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 26, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 26, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 29, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 23, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
314 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!