Question about HP LaserJet 4700 Printer
A critical firmware error has occurred that caused the processor on the formatter to abort operation. This type of error can be caused by invalid print commands, corrupt data, or invalid operations.
In some cases, electrical noise in the cable can corrupt data during transmission to the printer.
Other causes include poor-quality parallel cables, poor-connections, or home-grown programs.
On rare occasions, the formatter is at fault, which is usually indicated by a 79 Service Error.
1. Turn the printer off then on.
2. Press Stop to clear the print job from the printer memory.
3. Turn the printer off then on.
4. Try printing a job from a different software program. If the job prints, go back to the first program and try printing a different file. If the message displays only with a certain software program or print job, contact the software vendor for assistance.
5. If the message persists with different software programs and print jobs, disconnect all of the cables to the printer that connect it to the network or computer.
6. Turn the printer off.
7. Remove all memory DIMMs or third party DIMMs from the printer. (Do not remove the firmware DIMM.)
8. Remove all EIO (JetDirect Cards) devices from the printer.
*Remember to protect from ESD
9. Turn the printer on.
10. If the error no longer exists, install each DIMM and EIO device one at a time, making sure to turn the printer off and on again as you install each device.
Posted on Apr 27, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2015 | Canon imagePROGRAF iPF8000 Printer
Aug 02, 2011 | Zebra TLP 2824 Printer
Mar 31, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 22, 2011 | HP LaserJet 4250tn Printer
Jan 08, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 16, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 07, 2010 | HP Officejet 4315 All-in-One Printer
Mar 28, 2009 | Dell 3100cn Laser Printer
Jan 07, 2009 | HP DeskJet 6122 InkJet Printer
104 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!