For milleraba and the similar post on a non-heating microwave, my JVM1440WH01 has same trouble, although everything else seems to work fine on it. I looked at the door latches on mine, and they are plastic. I'm not certain what "cover" I can remove--there's 2 screws securing the vent at top, and screws underneath the unit, but the only access point next to the door latches is a 8-pointed star-like screw (?name) and even if I removed them, the plastic frame would still be in place because I don't see any similar ones on the other side behind the door hinges. Can you clarify what you mean by "cover" and also suggest where I get the volts tested? Thanks.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The most likely thing is the magnetron has 'died' but there is a high voltage fuse between the capacitor and the magnetron which may blow. Either way, repairs to microwaves are dangerous and should only be undertaken by a qualified repairer. PS I have seen a mouse cause this problem!
It could be a number of things, Burnt connections between the magnetron, Capacitor, Diode and transformer, Heater connections loose or burnt, Transformer, Capacitor Diode or Magnetron US. You need to strip it and find out if you are getting about 2000volts to the Mag, Are you getting approx 5volts across the heater terminals?? NOTE that the 2000 Volts can remain in the cap indefinitely and the voltage isLETHAL. IT WILL KILL YOU if you don`t take precautions. Ian
I am leaning to the diode, but it would take further investigation to determine for sure. Diodes are cheap, as if the capacitor, and replacing those first would not necessarily be in vain if it turns out to be the transformer or magnetron. And I would be most inclined to say it's the magnetron before I would think transformer.
Reply back what you find or if you have more questions.
I have the same unit and age the JMC7000 everything appeared normal on the display and countdown etc...But it would not heat,I trouble shooted the problem and discovered it was a faulty door switch I replaced it and it works like new again.I ordered the part from www.repairclinic.com it's an easy fix.and costs a few bucks...